Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Little Things - Support *Not A Raffle*



Most of you have probably heard of the flooding that devastated a large swath of the US Midwest this spring. It is my understanding that earlier this year the Red Cross had indicated they had exhausted their available support. We lived for 8 years in the US Midwest and in many ways I still consider it my home, we have many family and friends in that area and thankfully none of them were effected by the flooding, but so many others WERE.

So a wonderful person on SCS decided to do something about it and she began asking for help for this *non-raffle* to raise funds for the Red Cross relief efforts in the Midwest. So if you'll check out this link: over at Splitcoast you can read all about it, and find out how to donate, and be entered to win some fabulous prizes!

I created a simple card set, with 5 mini cards and envelopes. The mini cards are simply embossed and decorated. See here
And some close ups here:





There are some FABULOUS things in the gallery for this *non-raffle*...donations of many company's stamp sets, accessories, hand crafted items... All to support a good cause. Here's the gallery link: SCS *Non-Raffle* Gallery

Thanks for your help in making a difference. It's the little things that often make the biggest difference.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This note card set is beautiful Christine, whoever receives this set will cherish it!

Linda said...

Thank you Christine,

I was the receipient of the cards and they are beautiful! It was quite a surprise to receive them - I had completely forgotten about the non-raffle and it just made my day Saturday when they arrived. I have a Stampin up workshop to go to tomorrow night and I am going to show them around (along with the instructions that I printed). Thanks again - you did a wonderful thing to support a good cause!

Linda Long