Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Big Day

Well, it's a big day around here. The 15th of the month means that over at Splitcoaststampers it is reveal day on this months Dirty Dozen Fan Club Gallery. And....it is my last reveal day (sniff sniff) I've had the awesome privelage to serve on the Dirt Pile with some amazing women for the last 6 months. It has been a dream come true for me creatively...but all good things must move on and there will be 2 great new girls in Jerri and my place next month....and we move on to other things!

The DD girls work so very hard every month to create fabulous projects for the Fan Club Members. It's like a paper crafters art gallery of inspiration. Well worth your investment in a GREAT site that has given me amazing creative gifts almost every day for the past 4 years.

This month's theme is super fun...and you can have a sneak peek at part of one of my projects on this page here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/news/comments.php?id=745_0_1_0_C

So COME on over! There's two great girls being revealed this month too :)


Some other great news...in just less than 1 week at Splitcoast you won't want to miss A Day in the Life of a Dirty Girl - The Dirty Girl Fan Club Challenges 2008. It's a whole week (July 21 - 27) of challenges for Fan Club members to participate in led by Dirty Girls present and alumni and a chance to take a peek into the creative process of what it means to be a Dirty Girl. More news coming on this one!



I've been tagged a couple of times by some sweet other bloggers to tell you 7 Random things about myself.... in case you might want to get to know me a bit better

So here goes:

1. I absolutely LOVE Coca Cola. But, I'm trying to give it up (gasp!). I could seriously drink it all day long...but I know it's not good for me. Not the sugar...and not the caffeine...or that stomach eating bubbly wonderfulness....and with the craziness of our life and needing to take better care of me...and hey where'd those hips come from????....I'm trying to give it up. So far, so good....we're about 2 weeks in.

2. I need sunshine. Which in Canada in the summer is no problem, here in summer we get like 19 hours of day light....but in December however it's more like 7 hours of daylight. And about December I start feeling a little funky. And since we're not going to be moving to Florida any time soon, I think it's an excuse to go tanning in the winter! (hee hee - I haven't done it yet, just using it as an excuse in case I need it!).

3. My favourite color (my kids ask me this all the time)....well, it's really hard for me to choose. I love color period. I can find an excuse to love most ANY color. If I'm wearing a color I like warmer bolder colors because I'm blonde and fair. I love lime green to wear probably best of all.

4. Speaking of hair...I'm still a natural Blonde (and I mean that in the best possible way :))...I've never colored my hair ever...and I'm almost 40! Sometimes I am *blonde* though through and through.... I'm always asking my husband...*have you seen _____* *can you help me find _______*. He smiles knowingly and helps me see what's right under my nose usually :)

5. I'm extremely afraid of heights. This seems to be getting worse as I get older. When we were in Disneyland as a family for the first time, we went up on the Sun Wheel at California Adventure (it's a big Ferris Wheel over a lagoon...extremely high up). Our then 18 month old son started to throw a temper tantrum while inside the enclosed car we were in ...at the top of the Sun Wheel...he was crying and trying to GET OUT!!!! of the car and banging on the door....and I began to have a panic attack. I was terrified he'd fall out, I was terrified to be up there myself. Not my most shining moment as a mommy.

6. When I was 21 I moved from Canada to South Dakota to take my Master's Degree in Counselling at a Seminary there. I was one of the youngest students in my program, and those years were some of the best of my life. I learned so much, I grew so much, I had some amazing people invest in me and believe in me, I re-met my husband, found my calling and career and calling, got married and stayed there for 8 years. If I had to move somewhere....I'd choose to move back there.

7. I'm a super light sleeper. This has not been FUN as a wife or mom. But, one of the best investments we ever made was 12 years into our marriage....a King Sized bed, not just any mattress either, but one of those individual coil ones where you don't feel the motion of the other person in bed. My husband is like 10 inches taller than me and close to 100 lbs heavier....this bed is a wonder! I sleep a lot better now :)

Alright, I'm supposed to tag 7 other random bloggers, but I know that people often don't have time for this....so I'll just direct you to 7 of my favourite bloggers, how's that?

(besides my DD buddies listed to the right).

Sharon at notimeto stamp, Debbie at Thinking Inking, Kristina Werner, Amy at Pickled Paper Designs, Mary Jo Albright at Beauty Lies Within, and our two newest DD girls: my neighbour down the street Dawn Easton at Treasure Oiler Designz, and the color challenge wonder woman herself Emily at Stamping and Stuff go over and visit, it will be worth your time!

I HOPE to be back later to day with your Toonie Tuesday!

No comments: