Pages

▼

Friday, October 10, 2014

You’re #1


Hello Friends.  I’ve had a sort of mini blog break with many things on the go with the family and being away last weekend at a retreat.  Not much time for anything creative happening right now in my house.  In fact here I am at almost 10 pm tonight typing this, having just finished helping my son on a huge Spanish project due tomorrow.  If I type something funny you’ll know why :)

I have a very fun masculine card today made with Power Poppy’s wonderful set - Play Ball.  My older son chose to cheer for the St. Louis Cardinals this year....good choice they’re in the playoffs :)  So it was fun to make another baseball themed design using a flip style card.  


I stamped the base scene in Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured it with Copics, trimming it out with a small border and adding it onto the navy piece.  The flip design is done on Kraft cardstock and then I added the #1 onto the outside of the design popped up and the other part of the sentiment in white craft ink.  
Once the flip opens this is the inside...


I love the baseball stitches done in Memento Lady Bug ink, and the inside sentiment done in white craft ink as well.  

Perfect for any of the men in your life :)  Or any girls that love baseball too!  

Copics:  W1, W2, W3, W5, W7, B23, B24, B26, R14, R27, R29, E51, E51, E53, E31, E33, E35, E25, E27, E29, E39, E79
Die:  TCP - Fancy Flip Die 


Here’s the rest of the Bloom Brigade ready to inspire you today:

Christine Okken (you are here)
Cindy Lawrence
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker

11 comments:

  1. How creative, fun, and fabulously colored Christine! This card is just super, super cool!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun Christine! I like the fold on this and the earthy colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Super cool card for a guy. That can be tough to accomplish, but you pulled it off perfectly. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So incredibly cute Christine! LOVE the swing opening-- all around fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Christine, this is fabulous! What a great GUY card, and your coloring is beautiful, along with the great card fold!! It's amazing! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is completely fabulous, Christine! I love the flip design for this fun set. Those baseball stitches are so cute. Bet this got an A+ from your son!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing masculine card! The coloring on your image is stunning! So much depth and detail. I love the little #1 on the front too :)
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool flip card, great design, wonderful coloring, love how you used the stitching on this card. I live right across the river from St. Louis so we have the cardinals non stop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words! It is always nice to have you visit!