Friday, March 22, 2019

A Spring Flower Garden with Power Poppy


We have had such a lovely entry into Spring here.  The weather has warmed up dramatically, the snow is all melting, you can go outside without a coat and my little tulips that come up first every year are peeking through the soil.  It’s amazing!  To really get us into the Spring spirit, my husband and I went to something called The Muttart Conservatory on Thursday.  It’s a group of glass pyramids that house four different “plant biospheres”.  There’s always a feature pyramid and this season it’s a fairy garden theme - with a bit of Lord of the Rings feel thrown in.  It was beautiful, and a welcome jump into green and flowers.  That’s what inspired today’s Z-Fold Flower Garden design using Power Poppy’s lovely set, Natural Beauties.  Just so you know, Marcy also recently released all the elements of this polymer set in digital form HERE with Spring Border One and HERE with Spring Border Two.    

First I’ll show you a bit of the fairy garden pyramids. 
Lovely isn’t it?  The spring flowers were amazing!  



The card is a regular 4 1/4 x 11 but I scored and folded it at 3 inches and 6 inches and zig zagged the fold.  Next I cut a strip 1 1/4 inches by 11 inches and scored and folded the same measurements, but flipped the way the folds go by 180 degrees, so the long section of the strip matches up with the short section of the main card and vice versa.  


Next I added extra flowers to the front of the strip to really give it a lush garden feel.  All the colouring is done with Copics.  


I think if I could do one thing differently, I’d have made that large flower panel a little longer so no blue would be showing at the bottom.  


A few iridescent sequins accent to give it a bit of sparkle.  

Christine Okken
Stacy Morgan
and Marcy at the Power Poppy Blog

8 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow stunning spring card Christine grat job and fab garden with a hobbit house
Gr Karin

JoanneO said...

I loved your spring card. We are still looking for spring with 2 feet of snow on the ground in northern Wisconsin! Wish I lived by you.

Pauline said...

Christine this is stunning! Beautiful garden you have created. I'm in awe! Whoever receives this card will treasure this I'm sure. A wonderful keepsake card!

Christine Kiehl said...

Wonderful card, post and pictures! Thank you!

Helen said...

What a great idea! Like the way the card shape creates a natural garden look. tfs

Leslie Miller said...

This is absolutely the most perfect z-fold card ever because what could be prettier than a garden full of these gorgeous blooms? Outstanding, Christine! The real thing is heart stirring, too. Nothing like that here in my garden yet and it won't come close. It's sure not like it used to be. The deer would have a hey day with those tulips.

Conniecrafter said...

oh wow that is just beautiful, you had great inspiration for your card at that garden, the garden you have created with your card is just amazing!

CherylQuilts said...

What a stunning card, Christine, and I really love the beautiful card fold. I truly love all these sweet flowers and how it displays the beauty of just a piece of God's creation. What a blessing to get to visit The Muttart Conservatory. Truly a delight! Hugs and love! xoxo