Friday, November 30, 2018

Cozy Corgis



Friday greetings friends.  I can’t believe it’s the last day of November!   It feels like the whole month passed by without being able to blink.  My husband and I had a celebration trip to beautiful Mexico for my birthday for one week, and then the day after we got back we trekked from our home in Alberta to North Dakota to empty out my in-laws' home, so it was ready for sale.  My husband’s parents are both in a nursing home now because of their health, so it is a lot of change for all of us.  It was a very full 4 1/2 days of heavy duty work to clean everything out,  them we drove back home in snow and ice, to go right back to work!  We’ve been pretty exhausted on all levels.  

So I finally felt like creating again, and actually had a few hours to pull something sweet together.  I pulled out Power Poppy’s adorable  Christmas Corgis stamp set, and that sweet pair of loving pups, nose to nose under the mistletoe for this design, giving them colour with Copics.  

After choosing some fun patterns of designer paper, I sewed some zig zag stitching, and added a pretty grossgrain stitched bow.  I felt like it just needed a little something else, so I also pulled out Power Poppy’s delicate and nostalgic set,  Grandma’s Snowflakes, embossing in white, and then used the coordinating dies to cut the shapes out.  I think it provides just the right accent.  


Aren’t those snowflakes incredibly detailed?  It really feels like crochet, especially with the raised embossing.  A cute little sentiment from the set finishes it off!   Here are the copics I used below.  



Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence

Stacy Morgan
and Marcy at the Power Poppy Blog

6 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Christine, this is adorable! Every bit of it is sweet and precious, including Grandma's Snowflakes. Beautiful card design. You've certainly been busy. I'd be exhausted!

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's beautifulllllllllll Christine
Gr Karin

Conniecrafter said...

Awww, so sweet, excellent coloring and like your design with the top border and sprinkling of snowflakes!
Wish your in laws well as they get use to the nursing home, glad you were able to have some time to create.

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

Great card Christinne, these Corgis are so cute. Thank you so much for sharing, have a nice weekend.

CherylQuilts said...

Ooh, Christine! What a DARLING card...and look at those Corgis...LOVE in sight! Hehe! Beautifully colored, my friend, and what a fabulous layout with the snowflakes. Just love those...stunning card, sweet friend! What a wonderful birthday surprise you had...how sweet and special and just what you needed after all the work for your DH's parents. Thanks for sharing this wonderful card and the news about your surprise birthday trip! Hugs and love! xoxo

Traci M said...

Christine...first what a super sweet card with your adorable Corgis.!! I love the layout with your top panel and pretty sprinkling of snowflakes and beautiful coloring! Secondly...I am able to relate to your situation with both parents in the nursing home. A few years ago I was supervising my parents nursing home admissions while also handling their home and dog...for about 6 months. It was a very difficult time and it felt very weird. I’m so glad you had your family to help and for the good memories. But it’s exhausting! Also...so fun to go to Mexico and Happy Belated Birthday!