Wednesday, September 19, 2018

The Cat’s Pajamas September Release!


Good day friends!  We’re continuing a great week of Sneay Peeks at The Cat’s Pajamas!  There’s lots in store, and a chance for you to win at the end of the post.


I’m starting it all off with some of the new goodies for September including some very fun and intricate dies.  This one is called Round Tree, and it has two layers, the circle and the intricated trees.  I thought it would be lovely to create a winter night scene, and make those trees sparkle in the moonlight.  I did this by covering the circle layer with Scor Tape, then cutting out the intricate trees, peeling the Scor Tape and covering the sticky side with microbeads.  It produces a gorgeous effect!  

For the night sky layer, I masked a 1/2 inch circle moon shape, then sponged Blueprint Distress ink over the circle, then spritzed it lightly with water. This gives that mottled starry/or snowy night sky for the background.  



Here’s a better look at the microbeads.  I added some embossing paste for heart “snow”, the sentiment from one of our brand new stamps this month called Christmas Seals, and then accented with sparkly ribbon and gems.  



Next up, more fun with dies!  This time I used the new Sugar Skull CutUps Die in a new way you might not immediately think of.  There are lots of intricate shapes in this die that can be used separately or together.  I loved the circular flower patterns, so I cut them in a warm autumn palette and added them to Kraft cardstock.  I also used the hearts in the die to accent and then made it into a birthday design by stamping the sentiment “happy" from our Simply Stacked Sentiments, and the BD alphabet dies from our Big Little die set.  


A few gems, some clear embossing on one of the hearts to accent, and you have a very versatile design from this new die!  



Lastly for today we’ve got some crazy cats again, now they’re prepping for Christmas!  This set is called Better Not Pout, and this “cheery guy” is a little tangled up.  He’s coloured up with Copics, and then accented with TCP’s  Toppers Cut Ups Dies on the top third of the card, accented with sparkly ribbon and a pretty paper bow made with TCP’s Easy Stitched Bow CutUps die.  




You can see I’ve added some sparkle to the star lights with a glitter pen.  He’s very impressed by it!  

So here’s a peek at the new items I’ve used today.  



     




And to finish it all off, it’s time for you to enter to win!  All you have to do is comment on this blog post and you’re in the running for a TCP Gift Code!  All these products will be available on September 25, and I’ll be back with more inspiration for the Blog Hop that day.  




24 comments:

Sabrina said...

Cool looking alphabet dies! Love the look the microbeads add to that great tree die.

Brenda said...

Christine, you always a have such a beautiful, unique twist to your cards. I love the unexpected!

Christine said...

Lovely cards! Love those cats and your bright birthday card. The texture of the micro beads is very interesting too.

Kimberley said...

Love the cat card! And the colors you picked for the birthday one look great - they're my sister's favorites!

ionabunny said...

Love how you used the elements from the sugar skull set. Wonderful idea. The blue cat card is very cool. Still need me a voodoo bunny. Hugz

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful and great cards Christine
Gr Karin

Pat Bowman said...

Very nice cards! I especially like how you used micro beads on the first card. Definitely gives the illusion that those trees are ice covered.

Sue D said...

I like your clever cards. Great night scene with the trees--love the heart snow and the microbeads. I like the Autumn colors and creative use of the dies on the second card.I like the bow on the crazy cat card.

Makalah said...

Methinks Round Tree needs to jump into my cart!

Jan said...

I love your cards. They are elegant and cute all at the same time😊

Jan said...

I love your cards they're elegant and cute all at the same time😊

Helen said...

These peeks are delightful. Just love the blue card designs, especially the first one. tfs

Foodista88 said...

Hahaha... I love that blue card! The cat's expression is too funny!!! Great work!

Karthikha said...

Super cool cards!! The last one is my fav :)

Finley and Brinley's Short Tails said...

Cute cards! Especially like the kitty one!

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome cards! I love the effect of the microbeads on the Round Tree die! And such a fun birthday card with the Sugar Skull dies.... very innovative way to use the dies! Love that kitty on your final card also!

Pat said...

Very cute cards! I especially love the cat all tangled up in Christmas lights. So fun.

Super Stick Chick said...

Christine, love your cards elegant and fun!

Cindy Major said...

I'm really enjoying the sneak peeks! The microbeads on the tree die-cut give it great texture! I really like that new die :)

Dana M said...

Oh what beautiful and fun cards! I love all the details and texture you included, especially the micro beads.

slbt17 said...

loving the Christmas images!

Shona Chambers said...

I love blue and white for a Christmas card, yours are simply stunning and I just have to get my hands on that round tree die!!

cindybearj said...

I love that circle tree die and your card is so beautiful. The cat card is so funny.

Tracy said...

Fun release, love the Snarky critter set! Great cards.