Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Throwing a TCP Birthday Party!


Hi friends!  It’s a Birthday Party!  And, you’ll have a chance for prizes at the end of this post!


 I’m showing off all the fun August Release Items from The Cat’s Pajamas, and this month it’s all about Birthday Celebrations!  There is so much to choose from in stamp sets and dies!   

I’ll start it all off with this fun set, Let’s Party!  We’ve got two mischevious kitties (and a few other guests) in this set that are ready to party, and they are perfect for the cat lover.  This will be for my brother’s BD this week because he is one of those people.  I can’t completely relate because of allergies, but I know this will appeal to him.  I coloured this dude up with Copics and trimmed him out with his balloons, to sit on the Balloon Frame CutUps Die.    I’m going to LOVE this die set because it can do so many things. Cut the frame in the middle of a card, cut out the center (or include it) and also cut 7 different styles of balloons and strings to use.  So versatile! 


I added some celebratory confetti and streamers stamped in the background, the sentiment from the set, baker’s twine, and a couple of embellies.  

Next up, a Clean and Simple card set, perfect for any occasion where there’s going to be cake!  


I began by die cutting the cake and icing from the Birthday Cake Cut Ups Die in a sparkly white cardstock so you’d get some glimmer.  I watercoloured the backgrounds in three different colours, then framed that out with the Going Round and Round CutUps Dies, using Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolours.  


Here you can see some of the sparkle on the cake die pieces.  


Inside the card I stamped the sentiment in the matching colour of the outside watercolouring with the new set, Let’s Party.  These cards are 4 1/4” x 4 1/4”  in size.  

Now we’ll blast off out of the galaxy!


For this dreamy design, I watercoloured a galaxy sky (Gansai Tambi watercolours), adding in some silver sparkle paint while the watercolor paper was still wet, so it would meld into the other colours and spread nicely.   Then I used the die cut sentiment and stars from our new Wish Tag Duo Cut Ups Dies on silver metallic paper.  it is so shimmery in person!


A bit of sparkly white ribbon with staples completes the look.  

Finally, a colourful celebration finishes off my designs today.  


We have two new nieces because my brother in law and sister in law adopted sisters this past year.  The littlest one just turned four and she is all about the colours of the rainbow.  She has a strong  opinion who can have what favourite colours too!  So, I created a very bright rainbow background for her with watercolours and then set that aside to dry.  I made some colourful Candles with our die set that will be FREE with qualifying purchase, Birthday Set CutUps Die, and then added the sentiment embossed in white from Let’s Party.   


To finish it off and make it look more like cake, I added the suggestion of *icing* with last month’s new die, Rolling Hills CutUps.  

It’s always so fun to celebrate!  I’ll show you what all the new August Release items look like.   We’ve got all the Birthday bases covered!







And now it’s up to you....are you In It To Win IT????


Comment on this post and you could win a $10 Gift Certificate to the TCP Store!  

Thanks so much for visiting!  

22 comments:

Brenda said...

Love them all, Christine! You are the queen of illustrating how beautifully new releases work together with past releases.

ionabunny said...

The party cat is so cool and fun and I love your blue wish card. Hugz

Anne said...

Love the party cat. Reminds me of my sweet baby. Hugs Anne

Denise Bryant said...

Love the way you colored the cat! Very fun card! And awesome backgrounds on all your cards! Love that cake die and the 'wish' sentiment too!

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautiful birthday cards so cheerful Christine

Lucy E. said...

Such a fun birthday cat!
Love the “Wish” card-super
cool background!

FD91354 said...

Lovely designs. I love the kitty image and the font of the wish die is perfect!

MiamiKel said...

Oh Christine your cards are always breathtaking and these are absolutely marvelous !

Marty B said...

All your cards rock Christine! Great layouts, color choices and FUN! Who wouldn’t love receiving these cards! I just love the look on this cats face!

Trina P. said...

Lovely cards. Fun and bright.

Karthikha said...

I love all of these amazing creations!! Each one is super vibrant and beautiful! <3

Dana M said...

Your cards are just a celebration of happiness! Wonderfully fun, festive and vibrant. Fantastic!

Finley and Brinley's Short Tails said...

Love your cards!! They are all so awesome it's hard to pick a favorite!

Sue D said...

Cute and colorful. Love the crazy cat.

slbt17 said...

very nice! love the sparkle! love the cake!

Deborah said...

Wow great cards every one! You really worked those stamps and dies to their full potential tfs.

cindybearj said...

Fun and colorful birthday cards! I love that cat!

Kimberley said...

Love the cute lil kitty!

Lorrie said...

Really love the cats. Especially like the water technique. You are so very creative. thank you.

Makalah said...

So many different styles! The rainbow candle one is my favorite!

Indy's Designs said...

These are just the cutest! I love the bright colors with that festive feline!

Nancy Thomas said...

Your water coloring looks amazing on this gorgeous group of cards and I love that big orange kitty.