Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Quilt Patterns for Baby



Are any of you quilters?  I have made a couple of quilts for friend’s babies and my kids, but really simple ones, not the really beautiful style of quilt that pieces into beautiful patterns or does fancy quilting on top.  The paper variety is always easier for me.   Today we have a paper quilt for baby.  The image is another old one from There She Goes called Cattitude.  As soon as I saw those little building blocks with the cats, my mind thought about the building block style of quilt.  I’ll be honest and say I made this card a LONG time ago, but I forgot to post it.  When I was saving a photo the other day from the last There She Goes card I made I found it again, so - bonus! Hopefully you’re ok with the inspiration - even if you can’t buy the sets any longer.  

To create the feeling of a quilt, I cut out a variety of squares in different patterns of paper so that it would fit on a standard size card and still have some borders between the squares.  Once they were adhered to the green panel, I ran it through my Big Shot using a lattice embossing folder.  You can use any folder that makes it look like you quilted all the squares.  The effect is so easy and cute!


I have some sewing themed accents including some paper buttons, and a sweet sentiment from an old SU set.  



Enjoy your day friends!  

5 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

ahh this is super sweet and very beautiful Christine
Gr Karin

Helen said...

Christine, this is such a great idea! It truly looks like a quilt. I'm envisioning all kinds of shapes to try...thanks for inspiring me. Paper quilts are likely to be the only kind I make :)

Conniecrafter said...

so adorable, those little kitties are just adorable and love that you used different embossing on the quilt blocks!

Leslie Miller said...

I'm always okay with the inspiration, old set or new, when it's so beautiful as this! Pretty papers, sweet colors and image. Love how you've embossed over it. You make me want to go play with paper right now!

CherylQuilts said...

Christine, you know I was a quilter (and still have some fabric stash and all my sewing machines), and I absolutely love your card. What beautiful paper-quilting, and I love the DP color and design. And what a sweet and perfect image for a baby card! So darling and beautifully colored!! Those sweet little paper buttons are darling too! Thanks for sharing this one! Hugs!