Sunday, February 25, 2018

Treasures from the Sea


Let’s go on a vacation this week shall we?  How about the beach?  I have a couple of beachy themed cards to show off this week because I am READY for a virtual great escape!  

Today it’s with Power Poppy’s set Under Glass.  This image is so sweet and makes me think of treasures from the sea.  Any time we’ve gone to the beach the kids have loved to look for shells or scurry away from tiny crabs and admire multi-coloured fish and starfish.  This makes me think of all those sweet times of rest.  

I created the feeling of beach and waves in the background with the kraft cardstock, and vellum die cut waves (TCP Beaches Cutups Die).  


To echo the treasures from the sea theme I’ve added some sparkly sequins and stars to make them look like they are washing up on shore too.  The sentiment is from Power Poppy’s set Bloomin’ Wonderful.  

Join me for another beachy mini-vacation tomorrow!

4 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous Christine
Gr Karin

Helen said...

Christine, this card is so lovely, a refreshing reminder of summer at the shore. This stamp set is going on my "must have" wish list. tfs

Leslie Miller said...

Clever design for this stamp, Christine! I've been thinking along those beachy lines, too, and have a couple of Power Poppy sets in mind, including this one. The paper you used is perfect, and the vellum for the top of the wave is kinda genius!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine, what a wonderful way to start off the week! Yes, let's go to the beach, and what an amazing card! I love this sweet image, and you've colored is so beautifully! Love the DP and great "waves" in the background! Sweet and charming!! Hugs...and don't get sunburn! Hehe! xoxo