Sunday, January 21, 2018

Give Me Coffee Card Set

How about something cozy and warm for your Monday?


I have a pair of coffee cards using Big Cups Stamp Set  and Cups Duo Dies from The Cat’s Pajamas.  Even though I don’t drink coffee, I have a husband who is a bit of a coffee snob.  He loves it.  He can taste the different notes in the flavour and he likes it brewed strong, so these would be cards he’d appreciate.  

On this first design I worked on the background by embossing the sentiment in white numerous times in a random pattern,  then sponging some teal ink overtop to show the sentiment and add colour.  Next, I used some random splatters from TCP’s set Watercolor Basics, to simulate coffee drops.  I coloured up that cute penguin to match the colour scheme and added the coffee cups from the die cuts that match.  


For the next card, I used another of the stamps from the set to allow Poochie to enjoy the warmth of the coffee on his belly and in his belly!  


I made use of the Watercolor Basics set again to create the cup stained background in Kraft ink, and then added the cute sentiment.  Poochie is just dreaming of how he’d rule the world.  


These die cut cups are really great to use and it ties the design together inside and out.  

Have a warm and cozy day - and if you’re a coffee drinker - enjoy a cup for me!  

SaveSaveSave

5 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and great cards Christine
Gr Karin

Helen said...

Christine, being a coffee lover, I love these cards. Actually, I'd love them even if I wasn't a coffee lover! tfs

Nancy Thomas said...

Two beautifully designed cards Christine. Love the color combo too.

Leslie Miller said...

Coffee and coffee cards -- love both! Wish I still had my coffee ring stamp, darn it. Why did I give that up? Two brilliant designs. I especially love the background you created for your first card, and the critters are both adorable!

Maria said...

Awesome coffee cards!! The penguin with the coffee cup made me smile...super cute!!