Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Farmyard Chick



How about a bright and cheery design to start your Tuesday?  Today I’ve pulled out the adorable set, The Whole Herd from My Favorite Things to create a sweet little birthday design.  

Farmyard and gingham pair so perfectly together, and with those fluffy yellow little baby chicks following mama along, I had to do a bright yellow gingham background.  See how the last one is doing his own little dance?  There’s always that one hey?  

The colouring on the hen and chicks is with Copics, and the blades of grass are with Prismacolour pencils.  I just find the thin pencils are great for making individual blades of grass.  


It’s wee bit of fun papers, a little bit of button and twine to accent.  Having them over to the right side helps balance the off-centre layout.  The sentiment is popped up to give it the look of a labeling machine label.  


Inside is the birthday greeting.  

Hope your whole herd is well, and that you have a great week ahead!


3 comments:

Helen said...

Christine, this is adorable. the gingham paper is such a nice touch for this theme. tfs

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness that is just the cutest, love those little chicks following mama :) has that touch of spring to it!

Leslie Miller said...

I like bright and cheery! I'm a little late, but bright and cheery is good for a Thursday, too. So cute, Christine!