Friday, October 20, 2017

Happiest Holidays: Berry Sweet Holiday



Weve got a whole new round of happy for todays Happiest Holiday Collection from Power Poppy.  Introducing, Berry Sweet Holiday!  

Heres Marcys description:  

All things sweet for holiday cards that can't be beat! Originally designed for the maven of the 30-Day Coloring Challenge, Merriest Berries is now available in a streamlined clear stamp. The stitched-ribbon centerpiece is anchored by a giant candy cane, and bubbles over with holly berries and mistletoe. This image supplies a sweet and snappy punch that instantly says HAPPY! Another favorite digi, the Felt Leaves and Fruits Wreath, is now immortalized in clear polymer, with its easy-to-color design and   comfy-cozy-crafty vibe. Lots of accents and sentiments round out this sweet set. 


Sometimes when I’m colouring I have no particular direction in mind.  I just go with whatever strikes my fancy.  I thought a pretty green candy cane would be fun, blue-green juniper berries would look nice, that rich, green holly...and then, hmmm what to do about that ribbon?  For some reason a bluey-purple came to mind to contrast.   Turns out it made a fun combination.  Then I decided to go shabby-chic with the overall design with some metallics mixed in.  I’m thinking I might have gone a little overboard on that part :)  

I used some embossing paste and glitter for the background and then swiped some metallic paint over the backgound in spots to give it an aged, almost patinaed look.  



A few iridescent gems, some sparkly ribbon and twine finish it off.  





Here’s my fabulous fellow Bloomies showcasing this set today:

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence

Julie Koerber
Stacy Morgan

and Marcy at the Power Poppy Blog



7 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Ooh, Christine, what gorgeous colors, and your coloring (as always) is fabulous! I LOVE the richness and how you've embossed the background and used silver on it and around the focal image. Stunning card! Love it, sweet friend! Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful! I love the direction you took and you certainly could go a lot of ways with this. Holly berries, juniper berries, mistletoe? So pretty, Christine!

Esther Asbury said...

Such a gorgeous background and beautiful coloring! Love that you used non-traditional colors -- so fun!

Lisa said...

This is so pretty! I love the colors, it reminds me of looking out across my yard on a cold day and seeing the various shades of blue and purple across the snow covered landscape.

Lady Bug Stampers said...

This is so beautiful love your color choices

Unknown said...

This is very pretty!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Your card is just gorgeous ! I love your choice if colours.