Monday, September 11, 2017

Stripedy Birthday Cupcakes



How about something cheerful for your Monday evening?  A while back I coloured up a bunch of images that never made it into cards.  I found this one with the sweet cake stand of cupcakes from My Favorite Things set Sweet Birthday Wishes (retired I believe).  So,  I decided to put it into a cute birthday card in one of my favourite colour combinations.  It seems you can never have too many birthday cards.  And chocolate cupcakes are always a winner in my books.  



Using my MISTI Tool, I curved the sentiments to fit on the stitched oval shape, and capped it all of with a pretty satin bow.  I don’t use nearly as much ribbon as I used to, but this little touch seemed perfect.  



2 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful and delicious card Christine
Gr Karin

Leslie Miller said...

Adorable! I love the stripes on the cupcakes and how you carried them through to the background papers. You're right, that is the perfect spot for a bow. Glad you finally made this into a card because I sure enjoyed seeing it!