Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Ginger Baby



One of my former HS students from youth ministry,  now wife of one of our co-workers is having a baby any time in the next few weeks, and we celebrated last weekend with a baby shower.  It’s always so delightful to celebrate babies.  They know they’re having a girl, so it was easy to personalize this card for them.  I’m thinking that with the combination of their two genes they might have a little ginger haired girl, so I pulled out this sweet little digi image from Mo Manning, aptly called Baby Shower, making her a bit of a ginger-haired blondie.  I thought it would work perfectly for her.  

All coloured up with Copics.  Oh just look how cute her chubby little baby belly is!  Of course I had to add designer paper ruffles along the top to match her ruffly diaper cover.  




A little bit of striped grossgrain ribbon, and some pretty cupped flower sequins finish it off, with the addition of a sentiment from an older PaperTrey Ink set.  


Here’s the Copic I used below.  




4 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

sweet and so beautiful Christine
Gr Karin

CherylQuilts said...

Christine, this is absolutely darling! I have to make a baby card (and have a couple more on hand), and this is so inspiring! I just love the colors and the adorable layout with the scallops! How precious that this former high school student is now a wife and soon to be a mommy! She will love it!! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Leslie Miller said...

This is the most adorable thing, Christine! So beautifully colored and a sweet, sweet design. That chubby baby is so cute!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my that little chubby baby is just the cutest, the new mommy to be is going to smile big when she sees this little cutie :) Love your sweet scallops at the top!