Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Patriotic Hues for the Fourth




Happy 4th of July to all of my American friends.  Today we’ve got a new Hues to Use Challenge at Power Poppy to show off.  I started with this sweet cake on a platter image from Power Poppy’s set, Tea in the Garden.  I think this luscious cake and those decadant strawberries look perfect for a 4th Celebration.  And I think a deep blue cake platter like that would be lovely.  




Aren’t these colours great?  It’s a fun inspiration picture of our fearless leader Marcy, just doing what she does in her own fabulous way with a skateboard.  Having now met the kids, I see her daughter Lulu all over this photo :) 




I kept the details simple with some fun gingham paper as the background, a scalloped edge and a bit of twine and enamel dots to finish the design.  The embossed sentiment is from another Power Poppy set, Natural Beauties.  




Here’s the inside stamping.  And the Copics I used below.  



So jump on in and join us with these Hues to Use!   




6 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

HMmmmmmmm delicious Christine fabulous card
Gr Karin

Leslie Miller said...

Pretty and delicious! I love this cake and the whole set. You did such a beautiful job with it, Christine. Absolutely love the inside, too!

CherylQuilts said...

Ooh, Christine! This is gorgeous and so yummy looking! I am drooling...hehe! What a beautiful card with such amazing coloring, and I love the sweet layout and card inside! Sweet all around! Hugs! xoxo

Helen said...

Christine, this card is yummy! I can just see this cake on a July 4th picnic table. . .The coloring is exquisite. Your paper and embellishments come together so well. Thanks!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh it looks so yummy, perfect treat for the summer time!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Looks delicious Christine. What a fun idea with the colors for the fourth and the layout is perfect. Darling and yummy all in one. ;-)