Sunday, May 28, 2017

The Cat’s Pajamas May Release!



Hello and welcome to May’s Sneaky Peek Week at The Cat’s Pajamas!  This month has a fun ocean theme that I know you’ll enjoy.   I have four fun projects to show you today.  

We’ll kick it all off with our favourite bunny in the world, and this time he’s a Pirate Bunny!  Arg Matey!  Here’s Bunnies at Sea!


He’s off in search of treasure in his pirate boat!  I coloured him up with Copics and added some fun designer paper and waves to give it some great pops of colour.  






The outside sentiment is from another TCP set called Simple Blooms, because it just seemed to suit the card.  



Inside is one of the sentiments from the Bunnies at Sea.  





Next up is the lovely Shells CutUps dies and pretty stamp set called Doodled Shells.  I wanted to create the feeling of the place where the sea meets the sand with this design.


I’ve combined the Doodled Shells stamp set with our new Shells CutUps and a soft sandy colour scheme for this one.  I used the Beaches Cut Ups die to give the water a stitched edge, and then used it for the strip of vellum that mimics the foam of the wave coming in.  I sponged and stippled the sand, added some stamping to the water to give it some texture and added the sentiment.   I also added a border on top to make it look like waves along the top too.  



A few charm shells and some twine finish it off.  



On this next card I showcased the same Doodled Shells but used them in a watercolor style with a bold colour combination.  


I started by washing the watercolour paper with a few swipes of water,  stamping the shells using my Misti so that I could let the shells bleed out a bit and then re-stamp to get more details.  I combined this with our Watercolor Basics set which I used to get the water look in the background.  A few sequins finish it off.  


And, on this last design I showcased our brand new CutAble File the Z-Fold Box.  It makes creating a Z fold box so easy!  I went for some really bold colours for an underwater scene also using one of our older TCP sets, Seas the Birthday.  


After putting the box together I created sand out of our new Beaches CutUps Die.  I used the same die to create the seaweed in the scene.  It’s a really versatile die!  







Here’s some more views of the Z-fold.  I coloured up the shells and sea creatures with Copics, then cut them out and placed them all over the scene.  The dots in the sand are also created using the Watercolor Basics Stamp set.  





A really fun way to create a show-stopper scene! And, it all folds up flat like shown above, or into a regular A2 envelope.  

Here’s a peek at all the sweet things we’ll be releasing tomorrow!  








Are you In It To Win It?  Today is your last chance to comment on my blog and be entered to win a TCP Gift Certificate to the store!  Tomorrow we wrap it all up with a Blog Hop and all these amazing ocean themed goodies will be available for purchase.  Thanks for dropping by!  





Save

13 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh, my, goodness! AMAZING! Love every single one Christine.

Linda Harris said...

Wow, what fun and fantastic cards!!!

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic designs and gorgeous cards Christine
Gr Karin

Conniecrafter said...

Your little pirate is just the cutest, and I like how you added the wave diecut to the scene :) Love the first seashell card, such pretty colors, so soothing!

Foodista88 said...

Wow that box is an amazing project! It really is a versatile die!

Denise Bryant said...

Great cards! I love the Z fold card! Beautiful cards with the Shells CutUps and Doodled Shells stamp set! Love your coloring on the pirate bunny also!

Nancy Thomas said...

You are amazing Christine! These are all such creative projects and I adore how you colored the bunny pirate ship!

Sonja "Sony" Christoph said...

omg cuteness overload!!! LOVE that new Cutable File Z-fold Box!! How cool is that?! What an awesome way to easily create a 3D card.

Helen said...

What a delightfully diverse set of card designs, Christine. They showcase a great set of items from TCP. Thanks for sharing them.

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Very nice coloring!

JessicaK said...

Beautiful watercolor effect with the shells, wow

Andrea said...

What beautiful cards! My fav is the watercolor-y shell one, so stunning!

Super Stick Chick said...

All of your card are so amazing. Fabulous techniques and clever designs.