Tuesday, April 18, 2017

TCP Sneaky Peek Extravaganza!



Wecome to the April Sneaky Peek Week at The Cat’s Pajamas!  We’re running things a little differently for Sneaky Peek week now and each of the designers get a day to show off the April goodies.  Today is my day, so I’m excited to show you three designs that showcase all the fun items coming your way this month.  You’ll definitely want to check the TCP Blog each day to see which designer is featured and you can so that you can see how each person used this month's great new products.  

Let’s jump right in with what’s new!  

We’re kicking it off with a sweet design using the new set called Bunnies In Flight.  Seriously SO cute!


I thought it would be fun to use this adorable bunny and dragon pair for a baby card.  I started by stamping our bunny with gray ink and colouring him up, and his dragon, with Copic Markers, then trimmed them out with a wee bit of a border.  

All put together with a fun layout with an "open-front-peek-through” design, which showcases the new and dreamy Clouds and Balloons CutUps die.  



Here’s a close-up look at our “How to Train Your Dragon Bunny”.   The fun sentiment from the set  really makes the brand-new-baby theme work.  A few enamel dots, and some baker’s twine complete the design.  

Here are the Copics I used below.  




Next up is a celebration for Cinco De Mayo!  I have such a love for all things Mexican.  If you’ve followed me for long you know that we have taken a group of high school students and leaders to Mexico City to serve at two Churches every other year in the summer.  Our friends there mean so much to us!  

One of the highlights of each trip on our day off is to go to a place called Xochimico in Mexico City,  (I’ve linked an article about it).  It’s a borough of Mexico City that is full of canals;  one of the things you can do there is ride colourful boats along the canal pushed by a boat driver with a long pole. It’s acutally a Unesco World Heritage Site.  As you’re floating along the canal, boats of mariachi singers will come and serenade you.  It’s so fun!  This card is a bit of an homage to that sweet memory.  


This set is a re-release of the an older set from TCP called Hola Tequila.  I coloured up my adorable little mariachi band with Copics and then placed them on a panel of chevrons created with TCP’s CutAble,  Chevron.  

Next, I added some black banners to ground the image and then added the pretty flags from our County Fair CutUps die, to make it really feel like a Mexican party.  



Completed with a couple of enamel dots and pearls, and the Hola sentiment.  Here’s the Copics I used below.  






Now for the last design, we have a fun new set called Watercolor Basics.  It is full of great elements to create watercolor splashes, swipes and brushstrokes.   You can use in countless ways in your card making.  So many possibilities for backgrounds, accents and focal points with this set!


This design is a bit of a departure for me because it has elements of grunge and multi-media, but put all together, I think it works in a creative way that feels full of life!

I stamped the two of the splash elements of the design (larger and smaller) in a diagonal pattern down the cardstock in a fun colour palette.  Next up,  I took some washi tape, vellum and some of our TCP Butterflies in each of the colours to accent.  



I also used our fun new CutUps die, Live, Love and Laugh layered together twice to give some dimension.  I think it’s a cheerful, lighthearted design.  



Here’s a peek at all the fun things we’re releasing this month!

 


 


Now it’s your turn!  Comment on all the designers blogs this week and you could be In It To Win It!  You’ll be eligible for a $10 Gift Certificate to the TCP store!  You can find out who’s up each day at the TCP Blog.




I’ll be back with more from these fun stamps and dies next week!  Thanks so much for dropping by!   

Be sure to stop by and see Wendy tomorrow for all her Sneak Peeks!


Save

19 comments:

Brenda said...

I love them all Christine! You have such a gifted colorist.

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous and happy cards Christine

gr karin

Kimberley said...

Love the bunny and the dragon card!

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards! Love the colors on your bunny card especially!

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards!! I love the colors on the bunny card especially!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my that first card is just too cute, and I love the design of the card. The second is so fun and festive and you did a great job on the last!

Nancy Thomas said...

It would be so hard to pick a favorite because I love them all. Beautiful and creative as always!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

What fun and pretty cards!

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome set of cards, Christine! Love the fun penguins with the festive colors and details! Great coloring on the bunny & dragon, and pretty color combo for your watercolor card!

Milka Gubo said...

Love all your cards, Christine!!!Awesome designs and amazing coloring.Thank you for sharing and inspitation. :-)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine! These are each fabulous, and I love the first image...makes me giggle with the bunny atop the dragon! Such a darling baby card! I always love the penguins, and these are sweet with a great layout and wonderful colors! And wow, what a great way to showcase this fabulous die of "live, love, laugh." What gorgeous cards! Hugs! xoxo

Angela Walters said...

Your cards are wonderful, Christine! I absolutely love the dragon card! The colors you used are perfect! The whole design of the card is amazing. Great job!!

Macimbalo said...

Love your cards - so creative, colorful and perfectly designed!!!

Patricia said...

All three of these new or re- new sets are so cute! I live the Penguin Mariachi and the dragon and Viking bunny is so fun! The watercolor set is right up my alley. I'll beating for the first Ned if the month.

Super Stick Chick said...

Julie, I have always LOVED your work. But I think you out did yourself with these 3 card - FABULOUS!!! I'm so excited about this fun new release.

Super Stick Chick said...

Ooops I think I had brain blip with names. (so embarrassed) I meant Christine!

lisa808 said...

Fabulous card. Love the design and colors of the 'open' concept card, and the vibrancy of the 'hola' card.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! Cute, fun, pretty... this post has it all, Christine. You never cease to amaze me with your designs and use of color. The first card is brilliant for a new baby. And all those cool dies on every card... sigh...

Alma de la Rosa said...

Ack! When I grow up I want to color like you, Christine
Your cards just AMAZE me