Friday, March 3, 2017

Greenery Pansies



In honor of Pantone’s 2017 Color of the Year choice, “Greenery”,  let’s create projects featuring green!  
Here is an excerpt from Pantone’s description of “Greenery”…


Greenery is a fresh and zesty yellow-green shade that evokes the first days of spring when nature’s greens revive, restore and renew. Illustrative of flourishing foliage and the lushness of the great outdoors, the fortifying attributes of Greenery signals consumers to take a deep breath, oxygenate and reinvigorate.
Now, doesn’t that sound like a color highlighting the Power Poppy vibe?!  I think so!  So, let’s go wild with green! But, you don’t have to limit yourself to just using the color green!  You can also “Go Green” by using a recycled element on your project.  However you choose to play along, just make sure you show us your green!

I’ve had this pretty Pansies image from Power Poppy coloured and sitting on my desk for a few weeks, but with being so sick I didn’t have the energy to put it into a card until yesterday.  I found a simple but pretty sketch to put all the pieces together.   Green is one of my very favourite colours so I love the theme of this month’s challenge! 

It’s coloured up in a no-line style as I still had some left over from last month.  I love these purple-blue shade of pansies.  


I added some lace and some embossed cardstock in the form of pennant flags to help it pop off the geometric designer paper a bit.  

Here’s the Copics I used below.  



So, show off your greenery this month and you could be in the running to win a Power Poppy set of your choice, with the gorgeous new releases just days away, I know there will be something special to catch your eye!  


Here’s the Bloom Brigade playing along today....

Allison Cope
Christine Okken (you are here)

Katie Sims

10 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous colouring and card Christine

gr karin

Leslie Miller said...

Green is okay by me any day, but I especially love a bright, fresh green. Better yet with those pretty pansies so beautifully colored. Hope you're feeling better with each day, Christine!

auntbubbels said...

Absolute stunning.

Karen W said...

Very pretty and I hope you are feeling better!!

Kerry said...

Gorgeous card! I love the dimension from the paste & stencil OVER the stamp. The whole card is beautiful

CPXT said...

I love all the layers in the coloring!

Dawn Y. said...

Your card is a breath of Springtime, Christine! I love your no-line coloring on the beautiful pansies. Wishing you happy, healthy March days! ♡Dawn@Petals.Paper.SimpleThymes

Viki Banaszak said...

I love the colors that you used on this piece!

CherylQuilts said...

What gorgeous coloring, Christine, and I'm so glad you are feeling a little better! Beautifully done with the green and great sketch! I love it! Hugs! xoxo

Wendy said...

Thanks for the beautiful breath of Spring, your coloring is lovely. Funny, green & purple have always been my favorites! Hope the promise of Spring is giving you new energy <3