Sunday, January 1, 2017

Baby New Year



With a new year dawning on us, I thought it might be fitting to show off a baby card to start 2017.  Last month, some girls and I hosted a baby shower for some of our friends who just had their first baby, a little boy.  They are adventurers, love travel and new things so we went with a jungle theme for the little guy.  It was pretty cute.  

I played with MFT’s adorable little elephant from the aptly named Adorable Elephants set.  Coloured up with Copics and carefully trimmed out so I could pop him up.  

Next up, I used my Silhouette die cutting machine and cut out these little palm jungle leaves from the white layer and used the negative space, and then also cut out some green ones to place behind the little guy.  



A bit of twine and an enamel dot finish it off.  




3 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

Oh that is just so adorable, love how you colored him and neat design with the leaves... Happy New Year!!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine! This is darling! You are amazing, and I LOVE how you've used the jungle leaves with this adorable elephant! This is the sweetest baby card! I definitely need to work more with my Silhouette!! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Rosy Newlun said...

Hi Christine! I've missed visiting and seeing what you're up to -- wowzers! Monstrera leaves and a sweetie pie elephant-ay! We have those growing all over our back yard. Each one is about 3 feet across (leaf, not elephant). We keep trying to cut them back but like the philodendron and everything else, we need a few machetes working 24/7 to keep the jungle back. Thank you for reminding me I need to create a little baby girlie card asap. Much love and aloha ♥