Sunday, December 11, 2016

Persian Congratulations



Popping in today with a pretty design that’s definitely not in the Christmas theme.  A friend asked if I would create a congratulations card for a friend who was retiring at her workplace.  She requested flowers and blue.  I pulled out this gorgeous set from Altenew, Persian Motifs that has been sitting in my stamps-to-use pile for forever.  I’ve seen so many beautiful cards with this set, that I really wanted to try it out myself.  

I stamped the flowers in a soft gray ink and coloured the design up with Copics.  

A soft panel of vellum, some pretty sparkle over some Scor Tape and some square gems accent the design.  



The lovely “sending” word die is from The Cat’s Pajamas.  I die cut out one layer in blue and then a second layer in Crafter’s Foam to pop it up a little.  I really love this product because it works great for intricate designs.  One side of the foam is adhesive so you can die cut it out and place it perfectly behind your intricate die.  



Here’s the Copics I used.  

Hope you’re doing well out there....we’re in the midst of a 10 day freezing cold snap so we’re bundled up out here and grateful for a warm house!



2 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

Such Gorgeous coloring, I just love the colors and the wonderful softness it has.
Stay warm, it is even cold down here in Southern Illinois :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh my heart! Christine, this is GORGEOUS, and I love the shades of blue you've used. Your coloring is exquisite, and what a stunning card! WOW! You are amazing, my friend! Thanks for sharing this card with us! I also love this beautiful die and sparkle! We are enjoying our lovely South Florida weather, but it has cooled some...and it's pleasant. Keep warm, sweet friend! Hugs!