Friday, November 11, 2016

Chickadee Dee Dee




Happy Friday friends!  

One of the sweet things about where we live is that chickadees make their home here most of the year.  I often hear their little song “chickadee dee dee” when I’m home.  When I saw this new digital stamp that Marcy created for Power Poppy, called Chickdee in Barberry, I let out a little squeal.  Isn’t it gorgeous?  I love the sweetness of this fluffy bird in the barberry.  

It’s printed on XPress It Blending cardstock, and coloured up with Copics, then framed out in an-off center style with some deep burgundy.  I tried to make him extra fluffy with some flicks of the marker so it looks like a cold day where he’s at.  



In the background I embossed the snowflakes on a pretty blue and finished it off with some rhinestones.  You might be able to tell in the lower left snow that I added Wink of Stella to make the snow sparkle, it never photographs really well, but it looks lovely in person.  



Don’t forget about the Think Pink Challenge at Power Poppy for this month.  Play along and you could win a Power Poppy set of your choice!  

Here’s the rest of the Bloom Brigade playing along today....

Christine Okken (you are here)
Julie Koerber
Stacy Morgan



10 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

stunning and elegant card Christine
Gr Karin

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous is right!!!! Christine this is awesome. Fabulous coloring, great frame and oh I do like the white space.

Unknown said...

I think he is just the sweetest little chickadee! Beautiful design and coloring (of course!)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine! I too squealed when I first saw this little sweetie, and I just sighed when I saw this stunning card! Your lil chickadee and a sweet-dee for sure! I love him and love your amazing coloring! And wow, you sure have the coloring perfect. Having found lots of photos online, I saw the different colors of the berries and leaves...and yours are perfect. And I do love how you've got him all perky and feeling the chill of the winter. What a gorgeous layout with the burgundy to really pop it and pull out the berries. And I love the inside scalloped die and the brilliant way you've embossed the snowflakes. Beautifully done, sweet friend, and I LOVE it!! Hugs!! xoxo

Pauline said...

WOW! this is STUNNING - I let out a squeal when I saw your card. Love your design - the red scallop border is so perfect, as is your colouring. Fabulous card Christine!

Barbara said...

My mouth just dropped open. When I saw this gorgeous design and the beautiful way that you colored this chickadee, I just want to have him in my craft room and give him some love too.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my Christine your coloring of this is just Fabulous, brought this little guy to life, just Gorgeous!!

Leslie Miller said...

I adore this chickadee image and, of course, your coloring and design are both stellar! Chickadees live here year round, too. So many at the feeders! The black caps are my favorite, but there are others, as well. Such a sweet and inspiring card, Christine!

Aileen said...

Wow Christine this is just stunning. Of course we dont have snow at Christmas or chickedees but they sure look beautiful. I love this new digital, coloured to perfection.

Traci M said...

Love my chickadees and your card is amazing! The colors bring out the beauty of this sweet image and the layout is wonderful!!