Thursday, May 5, 2016

Mum


Today we have a brand new digi being released at Power Poppy!  It’s called Peony Love and it has a sweet Mother’s Day theme.  


Here in Canada like much of the world that has British ties we say Mum rather than Mom.  I don’t even know that we know we’re doing it, and we might even deny we say it that way, but we totally do :)  I call my mom - mum, always have. My kids call me Mum....ok, they drag it out and call me Moooom if they’re exasperated or something, but typically it’s Mum!  So Marcy was so sweet to create a special sentiment that has both versions of what we call our mothers for this set.  

I created a really simple design showcasing some of the single peony blooms that Marcy added to this set.  They were printed out on XPress It Blending card stock and then coloured with Inktense pencils (see I told you I was using them a lot).  I don’t think there are purple peonies, but my mum loves the colour purple....so that’s what I went with.  


I added them around the sentiment, popping a few of them up to create some dimension, and adding sequins, some purple seam binding and some twine to finish it off.  



Here’s what this beautiful digi looks like, and the alternate MUM spelling will be available as well!  

Pop on by to the Power Poppy Blog and also Cheryl and  Kathy’s blog to see more about this sweet set! 




10 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine, this is gorgeous, and I LOVE the large sentiment inside the oval with all these beautiful peonies around it! Beautifully colored, and I love your fabulous fussy cutting. Great layout and colors, and your embellishments of sequins and ribbon/twine are perfect! I love it, sweet friend! You are amazing! And I wish you a Happy Mother's Day too, mum! Hugs, sweet friend!

Leslie Miller said...

A lovely and versatile set! Your coloring with those Intense pencils is absolutely gorgeous. This hardly looks digital. So vibrant and beautiful, Christine!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful coloring of the flowers and they make for a wonderful framing of the sentiment!!

Barb said...

Beautiful card, Christine! Love your layout!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors and pretty flowers.

Lisa Lara said...

I love your color wash background Christine and how you used the single peony on your borders. Beautiful gf.

Davi said...

Wow how beautiful is this with the bursts of color! The way you cute the wreath into pieces around the oval is pretty! love it :)

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Christine, totally love it. I also say mum being in Australia and we all think mom sounds funny but thats just us being cheeky. Mind you I wish more stamps sets came with the mum option.

Stacy Morgan said...

wonderful way to frame your sentiment with the single buds. So pretty!

Allison Cope said...

A delightfully water coloured creation! Love the soft subtle colour around your sentiment too Christine! Beautiful!