Monday, May 30, 2016

Boom! 17



Here we are with a TCP Reminder of our latest challenge.  This week it’s all about using Bright Colours.  

This week was also our older son’s 17th Birthday.  He’s my Marvel Superhero loving son so I thought I’d create a superhero style card for him, and that’s easy to do with bright colours. 



I started with TCP’s Boom! Cutups Dies and Comic Balloons Dies and some primary colours of card stock.  All the best superheros wear them :)  I love these dies!  What’s awesome about them is that each of the words and the balloons come with a border in the die, so you can add more than one colour to each word or balloon.  Very comic-book-like.  

I created a comic book strip style panel using stitched dies to cut windows, then added the balloons and words popped up overtop.  I also added some stars from TCP’s Holiday Toppers CutUps.  The only stamping is with the My Hero stamp set.  



I also created a bit of a sunburst with embossing paste and the Sun Cutable from TCP.  I cut it out and used it as a template to add the embossing paste.  Once it was dry I die cut it in a circle and placed it behind the comic strip to give that explosion sort of feel to the design.  


Twelve years ago this was our little guy beside his baby brother.  Talk about cute overload!  And below that is him getting ready to light up all the candles as we celebrated 17 years with family.  Same smile too!  How we love this kid!  




Here’s some more of The Cat Pack bringing you inspiration today....


Brenda Nakandakari
Christine Okken (you are here)
Deborah Anton
Jessica Rone
Stacey Schafer
and Alma at the TCP Blog!

Come play along!  Use your bright colours and you could win Cat’s Cash up to $15!



6 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

Love the explosion of color on this masculine card. Happy 17th to your handsome son.

KarinsArtScrap said...

hahahaha fun and fantastic card for your son Christine and congratulations
Gr Karin

Conniecrafter said...

Terrific card for him and wishing him a very happy Birthday!

Lisa Lara said...

Such a fun card Christine. Time does fly doesn't it. Happy Bday to your DS.

Leslie Miller said...

Super duper cute card, Christine! Those dies are absolutely fabulous! Amazing the changes in a kid in a mere 12 years. What a cute kid he was and now a handsome guy. Yup, same smile! Happy birthday handsome guy!

Stacy Morgan said...

Happy belated birthday! Oh man has he grown! I bet with the twins they would all be similar in height. Handsome young man you got there. I adore the baby picture with brother. Awwww...