Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Birthday Blues



Sometimes if I coloured an image at a different time than I actually put the card together, I have to do a lot of hunting for a paper that will match.  And then sometimes, like this week I have a hard time finding a paper in the right tone for the coloured image.  Blue is especially picky as there’s lots of different undertones tones of gray, purple and green that blues can come in.  So this time I went to my washi tape collection and found a pretty washi tape colour that went perfectly with this little lady’s dress.  She’s from MFT - Sweet Birthday Wishes.  After putting the pretty washi tape down in diagonal strips, I added some scoring with my Scor Buddy and the tool that lets you add jotted lines.  I did those in a wonky pattern to sort of lend itself to the wonky off set feel of the card.  It almost look like that gigantic cupcake is going to tip her over!  



The framing is done with MFT’s Zig Zag Stitched Rectangles and a wee button and twine complete the little birthday wishes.  

See you later and happy Thursday to you all!  



5 comments:

Aileen said...

Thos looks so pretty, fabulous washi tape, goes perfectly. That cupcake looks really yummy.

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the sweet image and your use of the Washi tape to match the dress coloring.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine, what an adorable card, and I love how clever you are to use washi tape! It's perfect and a great layout! And your Pure Innocence girl is beautifully colored! Wow, she's gorgeous! Sweetness! Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

Your blues are definitely a perfect match! Love the background you created with the Washi tape and Scor tool, and the framing is so cute! Of course, your coloring of this darling girl with her gigantic cupcake is spectacular. Absolute sweetness, Christine!

Nancy Thomas said...

Great idea on the washi tape usage - this is adorable - I love how you colored the dress.