Sunday, February 21, 2016

The Gratitude Project - Week 7


\ˈgra-tə-ˌtüd, -ˌtyüd\

The quality of being thankful:  readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness. 

Today I’m a little late with posting my gratitude project but I knew I wanted to add a picture of someone special to us that made a special trip here this weekend.

If you’ve followed me a long time you know that we’ve lived in the US and now in Canada.  Our life in the US had some really special people in it.  It’s not often that our US life and friends come and encounter our Canadian life, but this weekend we were so blessed to have our friend come here.  He came this weekend to speak at a conference at our Church, so I grabbed these shots before Church started today.  He’s was preaching this morning so you can see he’s miked up.

This guy is one of our treasured friends and influences.  We’ve known him at least 25 years, my husband even longer.  I went to Seminary with he and his wife and from the very first time I met them you could tell there was something really rare and special in their character.  This guy is goofy and funny and makes me laugh (right here he and my husband are laughing over my husband saying “Man, I’ve always wanted to have hair like you” :)  haha!)


But there’s this whole other side to him as well that is the most wise, sage-like, influential, intentional  and heartfelt person.  He asks a whole different level of question that really gets to the heart of the matter, really challenges you and invites you to go deeper.  That’s just so amazing to me.  I can’t tell you how many times he’s really influenced us.  He also did our pre-marital counselling and wedding ceremony so that’s pretty special too.  :)  

He’s written a book and a curriculum that’s influenced thousands of people across the US and Canada, he’s kind of a big deal, and even more so, he’s kind of a big deal to us because of who he is.  We have been so blessed to know him and I’m so grateful for his influence.  



Them laughing...that’s how I know him, and appreciate him.  And so much more -  him being a person that speaks truth and really wants to know people at a deeper level.  That’s such a rich quality that I’m grateful for.  


See you back tomorrow for a tutorial I think you’ll enjoy!  



4 comments:

Davi said...

Such friends that have Godly influence in our lives are a special blessing!!

Elaine M said...

And his name is ......... might like to check into his book. Wonderful to have someone like this in your life.

Sue L. said...

Thanks Christine for sharing get this. LOVE the pix. LOVE smiling, twinkling eyes! I would also like his name, and while yr at it, the book name too. ��

Terri said...

I too would like his name to check out his book! Thanks so much for sharing!