Thursday, February 18, 2016

Beautiful Kindness



Oh Roses!  What a perfectly elegant gorgeous bloom!  It’s no wonder poetry has been made about them.  Today we celebrate Day 3 of gorgeous February new releases at Power Poppy, and today it’s all about My English Rose.  You may remember parts of this set from a pre-released digi image La Vie en Rose.  Marcy made more sentiments and then singled out another rose to stand alone.  It’s got some really lovey elements to it.  


One of the sentiments in the set is a quote from George Elliston “How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it”.  So lovely right?  Well, I wouldn’t have been able to fit a large sentiment like that on this card, so I cut out part of the sentiment for the front, and then inside used another part...so it reads “kindness...how beautiful”.  I think that works too!  

This gorgeous rose is coloured up with some vibrant orange shades, deep green leaves and a soft bluey-green background.  I paired it with some fun plaid paper from MFT that I softened slightly by adding a layer of vellum overtop.  I cut the vellum slightly smaller so that a border of the patterned paper would show through without vellum.  



Then I added some glitter onto ScorTape to make it shimmer, some gems and a knotted bit of baker’s twine.  The curve along the bottom with an A2 Spellbinders Border really also softens the design.  



Here’s the inside of the design with more shimmery glitter on ScorTape.  



The team has been rocking it this week.  Here’s today’s Bloom Brigade playing along with this set!  

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Kathy Jones
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan



7 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous rose and card Christine
Gr Karin

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Just beautiful Christine. That shock of colour from the rose is great with the softness of the paper. Monet always did that sort of thing in his paintings, something to draw the eye. Cheers.

Unknown said...

Your work is always so beautiful. You're talented. Thanks so much for sharing your cards with us.

CherylQuilts said...

Ah, yes, Christine, how beautiful kindness is! And what a gorgeous card with this beautifully colored rose! I was hoping one day this would "make" it into a clear set - yay! And it sounds like a really lovely set. I love the beautiful diagonal plaid with the vellum over it to soften it some, and what a great reminder to use my Scor-Tape with the glitter I've had for years...ha! I love the beautiful layout with the nice curves and stitching with the rhinestones and twine to finish it off. Truly a stunning card, sweet friend! Warm hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

Christine, your rose is so beautiful and I love what you did with the sentiment! Love the curve, the vellum, the colors, all of it!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful springy colors Christine, your rose looks beautiful. I like the vellum overlay and the sparkly topper is a great touch. Beautiful.

Kathy Jones said...

SIGH - absolutely SPECTACULAR!!! You colouring, as always is exquisite and I love the colour palette/papers and design that you've used! Stunning creation Christine!!