Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Super Purple!



Hello again!  I hope you’re not getting sick of these super kids.  I just love them and am trying to build a stash of kid cards for my sister-in-law.  She really likes these super kids too, and even thought I’ll branch out to other stamps, I had to have at least one boy and one girl superkid.  I used MFT’s You’re Super and Superboy sets.    So, today it’s this snazzy supergirl in purple.  My little niece loves pink and purple, so I’ve gotta give her what she likes :)  

After colouring her up with Copics I fussy cut her out with a slim border and then did my background.  I wanted to have the purple/pink sky be in a background window so, on a piece of white cardstock I stamped the city scene in black, then sponged in the purple and pink inks over top.  After sponging I added some glitter pen to the city scene to give it a little nighttime sparkle.  

On the purple card base I sponged over a Simon Says Scrambled Letters stencil.  I like the soft effect, and it’s perfect for kids too.  


I embossed the sentiment in black and then added some pretty stars (TCP 3 x 3 Stars CutUps dies), and then a few black enamel dots.  

Sorry, I coloured this one up while I was away and didn’t have my camera to capture the Copics I used.  

Back with you tomorrow for a new challenge and new pretties from Power Poppy!  


5 comments:

Aileen said...

Woohooo love her, the background, everything looks brilliant. Maybe I need a superhero or twoooo.

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card Christine also your under.
Gr Karin

Leslie Miller said...

Outstanding! Any little supergirl would love this! Fabulous intense color and brilliant with the city scene. Just wonderful, Christine!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine, what a fabulous card, and I just love the supergirl! Your coloring is amazing and really makes this card pop. And Leslie is right about the cityscape - it's perfect! Keep 'em coming! Hugs!

Conniecrafter said...

so cute and like how you did the twinkling lights of the city too, fun card!