Saturday, January 16, 2016

Kitschy Kitchen


Let’s go a little retro today shall we?  Wow, we have the cutest set to show off today!  It’s called Kitschy Kitchen.  It’s full of the cutest little animated kitchen things and punny sentiments that really make a fun statement.  


There’s just something about this set that totally inspires a retro feel, so that’s what I tried to do.  I coloured up our little spooner with Copics on Neenah cream card stock to match these fabulous papers I had in my stash, Cosmo Cricket Early Bird.  I love an aqua and red palette, to me it says 50’s kitchen wallpaper :)  So, on the background layer I wanted to capture that wallpaper feel stamping elements of the set in the different colours.  


I coloured up my ric-rack with my Copics to match and then added those awesome Nested Hearts CutUps Dies to accent with a couple of enamel dots.  Super fun and simple too.  


Here’s the Copics I used for the design.  



Are you In it to Win It????  You could win a $10 TCP voucher just by commenting on The Cat Pack’s Blogs!  Alma will pick a random commenter each day and the winner’s will be announced on our TCP Facebook Page and the TCP blog.  

We’re inviting you to our Pajama Party on January 18th on our TCP Facebook page where we’ll have games with chances to win, more sneak peeks and all around fun.    

Here’s the Cat Pack and their Kitchsy Kitchen fun today...

Brenda Nakandakari
Christine Okken (you are here)
Julie Elak
Wendy McGaffey 
our fabby Guest Designer this month Wanda Cullen
and Alma at the TCP Blog!


13 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

I adore that stamped background - you have captured the retro theme perfectly.

Brenda said...

Love your paper, if it hadn't been so perfect for this set, mine would still be untouched. I love your stamped background! Such a fun card!

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love your pretty color palette! Adorable and fun!
Take care!
Michele

D.Ann C said...

Yep, Fab 50's diner was my fist thought... terrific!!

Cindy Major said...

That spoon's smile is contagious! So cute!

Von Marie said...

Adorable!! Love that spoon and your homemade background.

KarinsArtScrap said...

cute card Christine
Gr Karin

lvtaz2000 said...

Christine, this is the cutest idea. Love this set.

Indy's Designs said...

Oh I love the colors and the images stamped on the background paper! Super-duper fun!

Sherry Rose said...

I loved the stamped background! Way to pull it all together!

Super Stick Chick said...

Great card, Christine! The Cosmo Cricket paper was a good match. I had to look close to see that YOU did one of the background papers too - it looked like part of the collection. Love your spoon image - it's "the cat's pajamas."

Alma de la Rosa said...

I am so glad that you show the copic colors you used. Your colors really help create a retro feel

Alma de la Rosa said...

eek! I just noticed the background you stamped. SOOO amazing! What ink did you use?