Monday, January 11, 2016

Just Let it Happen...


OOO!  We’re just giddy to begin The Cat’s Pajamas Sneaky Peek Week today!  You’re in for a fantastic week of sets and dies that we’ve had SO much fun playing with.  We think you’ll really love what’s in store.

Today begins with Just Let it Happen.  We know how many of you love Poochie the pup and Sprinkles the cat, so this set is just for you!



Our sweet little poochie is excited to check out what little love notes and treats have come in the mail!  He’s delighted to jump up and find a bone just for him!  

I stamped Poochie on Neenah Natural White and coloured the scene up with Copics.  I just had to do a red mailbox somehow for fun.  I stamped the sentiment half on the creamy cardstock and half onto the designer paper (Echo Park from a Kit for Valentine’s last year).  Once the sentiment was on it just looked like it needed something to anchor it better, so I added a border with black pen.  



I finished off the front by adding a couple of hearts stitched on with our new Nested Hearts Die CutAbles (which I love so you’ll see them again this week), and then some stitching around the border and some red enamel dots.  

Of course, if I say there’s Love Inside....I needed to decorate the inside too! 



You open the card to find a sweet little mini-envelope created with our new Small Envie CutAbles Die releasing this week (oh so cute!) and another of the hearts.  



Here’s the Copics I used and also a peek at this sweet set.  It’s really fun.  





The Kitties from the  Cat Pack is bringing out all the stops today so you’ll want to be sure and visit them....

Brenda Nakandakari
Christine Okken (you are here)
Deborah Anton
Julie Elak
Lori Tecler
Nancy Thomas
Wendy McGaffey
our fabby Guest Designer this month Wanda Cullen
and Alma at the TCP Blog!


Here’s the Important Deets for the Release...


You could win a $10 TCP voucher just by commenting on The Cat Pack’s Blogs!  Alma will pick a random commenter each day and the winner’s will be announced on our TCP Facebook Page and the blog.  


We’re inviting you to our Pajama Party on January 18th on our TCP Facebook page where we’ll have games with chances to win, more sneak peeks and all around fun.    

See you here tomorrow for a set that’s a hoot!




20 comments:

Brenda said...

Love your card, the inside is a perfect match!

Kimberley said...

I love it, so cute!

KarinsArtScrap said...

great and wonderful card Christine
Gr Karin

Wanda Cullen said...

Christine, I LOVE this design with the stitched heart detail and the doodled frame! I'm really looking forward to working with the Cat Pack this month!

redheadbeck said...

Love your choice and use of papers!! Doggie is too cute!!

Jdenmars said...

I love cards with word backgrounds. And the stitching, I feel really adds a lot to a card. I must try it on my next cards. This is a really cute card. I never think about stamping or adding anything to the inside of the card other than the sentiment. Clever!!

Jdenmars said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

Beautiful coloring and great card design!

Karen at Inky Fingers said...

Love what you did with Poochie. Love the extra details. Liked that you showed the inside of the card also!!

Super Stick Chick said...

Great working with the copics. Love how you made the simple frame and stitched the hearts. Great card.

Cindy Major said...

Beautiful card and beautiful coloring! Love the sweet little envelope you added Inside - a really nice touch! TFS!

Tracy said...

This is an adorable card, love it!!!

ionabunny said...

Aww, he is such a cutie. Oh look, he got happy mail. Hugz

D.Ann C said...

Toooo cute! Love that you put the letter inside!

Denise Bryant said...

Adorable card! Love the layering and stitching details! Great details and coloring!

Anonymous said...

This is so, so cute! I love the stitching on the heart! Your coloring looks wonderful! And the inside is just such a perfect touch with the envie! Love it! --Yvonne B.

Angela Walters said...

I'm so glad someone made a card with this stamp because it's my favorite! I love the bone peeking out from the mailbox. You did a great job showing it off!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, that's cute, Christine! You know how I love dogs, anyway. Love that there's a bone in the mailbox, tee hee! Sweet!

Alma de la Rosa said...

So adorable. I especially love the stitched hearts and the surprise inside.

Nancy Thomas said...

Poochie never looked better Christine - love the "wordy" background to go with the mail theme. Adorable card.