Sunday, January 3, 2016

Bringing You a Budgie Good Morning




How about a cheerful card to start your week?  Today I’m delivering the last of the cards that a co-worker ordered from me.  I haven’t shown you all of them, but today seemed like a good day for a sweet budgie on some teacups.  This was created with Power Poppy’s Short Stacks set.  Talk about pure sweetness!  

I kept the design quite simple so that it would be pretty mailable.  Sewing around the outside to match the stitched die, a couple of sparkly enamel dots and some little posies to match the cups cut with an old Spellbinders Die in my stash.  They do have raised embossed centers but it seems with the light in the photo it’s hard to show that.  



Budgies come in some great colours!  It was fun to give him some feathery flicks of the Copic marker.  The sentiment is from Power Poppy’s Poppies set, to keep it on that all occasion theme.  

Back with you tomorrow for a new round of challenges from The Cat’s Pajamas!  

Thanks for popping by!  



10 comments:

Rosy Newlun said...

Hello sweet Christine! This really is charming and pretty! I'll bet the rest of your cards for your friend/customer are just as stunning! I missed you. For some reason I'm not getting notifications for your posts. So glad you are not ill ♥ I'll re-sign up. They're not even in my spam folder. The internet. Technology.

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card!!!Awesome coloring!!!You have a good day!!

JoAnn said...

Love your card and the colors.

Conniecrafter said...

very sweet and sure to brighten someone's day, your friend is going to have a hard time parting with these beauties :)

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, I hope you'll show the rest of them! This is darling. I haven't had this set out for a while, but might need to revisit it soon. I'm certainly enjoying the extra stamping you're sharing, Christine!

KarinsArtScrap said...

so beautiful Christine
Gr Karin

Gloria Westerman said...

What a sweet card...I love this...such a cheerful card..great job...tfs

Traci M said...

I'm loving seeing all your cards, Christine!! You bring such color and creativity to all your designs...and I actually have this stamp and haven't colored up this sweet bird yet!! Super cute with the reds and blues...and love the repeat of the posey flowers! So sweet!

Sue L. said...

My Grandfather, from Manitoba, had a blue budgie that used to join him for meals. Buddy would stand on the edge of Grandpa's plate and eat part of the food. His favorite was mashed potatoes. Afterwards they'd take a nap together on the livingroom couch. Lol. Yr card is beautiful and the coloring is so thoughtful. Thx.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine, I just love this precious image, and what a beautiful card you've made with it! I just love the colors - blue and red are so lovely together. And what a great layout with the wonderful DP! Yes, keeping the layout simple to make a mailable card is great. Beautifully done in every day, and you know we all love your coloring, sweet friend! I agree with Leslie that we'd love to see the rest of the cards you made for your friend/customer! Hugs!