Monday, November 16, 2015

TCP Blog Hop!



Hello and welcome to The Cat’s Pajamas Winter Blog Hop!  We’re celebrating all the fabulous just released sets that are now available at TCP!  It’s been a fun week showing it all off.  You should have arrived here from Deborah’s Blog and if you get lost along the way pop on back to see Alma at the TCP Blog.  



Today I’m playing with Build Your Own Snowman creating a couple of cards.  What a cute set that allows you to customize your snow people in any way you’d like.  As soon as I saw this sentiment in the set I knew I had to try and create a goofy assembly of different snow people to show it off.  

I stamped them in rows around the card adding some accesories for them stamped in the images, and some extras stamped on other paper, coloured, cut out and glued on.  It elimates some masking if you didn’t want to go to that extra trouble.  



I picked a palette of teal, pink, green and grey, with a wee bit of orange thrown in, and then added the Holiday Topper snowflakes CutUps in teal placed along the right side to finish it off.  Doesn’t that deer snowman crack you up?  It’s obviously hunting season :)  

Now for card #2 that I also showed off at the Pajama Party last night.  When I first looked at this set and saw the swirly pieces I actually thought they were angels wings not snowman arms.  That got me thinking about creating another snow angel...



I stamped this cutie onto Neenah Natural White card stock in a soft grey ink, I added the “wings” in vellum that I had glittered up with Iridescent Ice embossing powder.  I added some soft warm grey colouring with prismacolor pencils.  I created some snowflakes cut outs with the Double Snowflakes CutUps die, and also stamped the small snowflakes from the Snowman Accessory Kit set, embossed in clear for a really subtle effect.  


The sentiment is from the new Got Snow? set, also new this release.   

Here are the sets I used today.  







Now for the fun news...Alma’s having a SALE on everything in-store!!  It’s a great one!  



Now to send you along on the Blog Hop here’s Brenda!  



8 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

Both cards are simply delightful. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me. Thank you so much for sharing all your fabulous projects for the release.

Brenda said...

Love them both Christine, so much fun! I love the concept of a snowman with wings, surprised Alma didn't think of that...or did she:).

KarinsArtScrap said...

cute and beautiful cards Christine
Gr Karin

lisa808 said...

Wow--super cards!!! Love the colors on the first one and cut-outs on the second.

Leslie Miller said...

Hahahaha! Oh, I love it! Stacy should see this. So cute!

Super Stick Chick said...

Christine, you have so many styles. Each of your cards this week has been so different, yet all of them have been wonderful. I can tell you really love playing with this craft - the joy shines through. Thank you for all of your inspiration and kind comments, it has been such a pleasure creating with you this week.

Conniecrafter said...

That first card is so fun and cute!!

Traci M said...

Oh my goodness...Christine, your cards crack me up!! Who would have thought a snowman could have so many identities?! So creative and fun...and my heart is drawn to the second one...love how you made the snowflake silhouette...you're always so creative!!