Thursday, October 15, 2015

Wreaths, Plain and Fancy




Welcome to Day 3 of our Happiest Holiday Sneak Peeks at Power Poppy!

Today we bring you Wreaths Plain & Fancy.  There’s just nothing like the festive feeling of a beautiful wreath greeting you on a door or wall.  Marcy has captured some gorgeous wreaths in stamp form and you can “gussy them up”, or leave them simple.  They will shine equally with their lovely accents or in their sweet simplicity.



Today I’m bringing you a more simple wreath of olive leaves and berries but done with all sorts of shimmer and glimmer to make it all shine.  The wreath is coloured with soft blue greens and the berries are given a little shimmer with a glitter pen.  Then I’ve placed the die cut circle on some vellum to continue that softened effect.  



For the silver/gray section, I used a Tim Holtz Stencil (Gothic) to add embossing paste and then embossed with silver and then spritzed the sheet with Mr. Huey’s shine to give it a glimmery patina.  

I also added a strip of Scor Tape that I had burnished Dazzling Diamonds glitter into, and finally added some shimmer enamel dots.  I think it speaks “peace” like the sentiment says.  



Here’s the small selection of Copics I used.  




Here’s the Bloom Brigade in action today....they’re going to wow you!  



Allison Cope
Christine Okken 
(you are here)
Katie Sims
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker
and pop by the Power Poppy Blog to see what Marcy has to say, it’s always wonderful and uplifting.


8 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

elegant and beautiful Christine
Gr Karin

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine, this is so serene and peaceful looking, and I love the elegance of it. Beautiful color combination, and I love the stenciling with the sparkle! Beautifully colored too! I really think this set is going to be a go-to one with being able to do so much with...doing more CAS along with more elaborate cards. Wow, I love it! Hugs!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love that wreath and the pretty colors. Fabulous texture with that stencil and silver embossing.

Leslie Miller said...

Mmmmm, sparkle! How pretty! I do love this simple wreath. Must color soonest!

Barb said...

Very pretty, Christine! I love your color palette. Very serene.

Stacy Morgan said...

Blues and silvers.... perfect. Beautiful shimmery delight! The textured panel is awesome and the wreath looks wonderful.

https://adiecrafty.blogspot.com/ said...

wow fab card

Sarah Ashley Posch said...

Christine, I love the way you've done this wreath. The coloring is gorgeous!