Saturday, October 17, 2015

Cozy Cupfuls



How about some sweetness all rolled into a little Christmas Cup?  Today’s set, Cozy Cupfuls is just SO lovely and whimsical!  You’ll love these sweet cups full of Christmas celebration.  



As soon as I saw these sweet little cardinals I knew they had to be the first little image I worked with. Talk about ADORABLE!   Now I know that little female cardinals are a lot more grey and muted in colour, but I just couldn’t do it....I had to make both of these cuties that vibrant red that they’re most known for.  I paired the image with this fantastic paper Echo Park - The Story of Christmas.  That black background just makes it all pop!  



Accents include ric rack ribbon, enamel dots and then it’s finished with the stitched circle sentiment set into the square coloured up to match the dots on the little cup in the design.   Here’s the Copics I used below.  






Here’s the gang playing along today!  


Christine Okken 
(you are here)
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan

Tomorrow we’ll all be celebrating when the release goes live!  Come on back to see our Happiest Holiday Blog Hop!


11 comments:

Tricia T said...

Love this, Christine! I love, love, love how you colored the cardinals! ~ Tricia

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine!! Wow, do I love this image, and I'm with you about loving the red cardinals (they were my mom's favorite especially at Christmas time). And wow, do I love the DP and the perfect color palette for this sweet, sweet image! I totally am in love with it, and you've embellished it so beautifully and have such a great layout! I love the ric-rac and the enamel dots along with the ribbon. Just sweetness and the warmth of Christmas! Oh my, what a delight! Looking forward to the grand finale tomorrow and getting these in my hands. Hugs, and thanks for the delight!

Stacy Morgan said...

Christine this says country goodness to me. The papers are wonderful to draw your colors from and the stitching fun panel with the sentiment is darling. Country beauty!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautifully done! Love those gorgeous cardinals. That patterned paper is so pretty. I just bought it when we were on vacation, and I visited a local scrapbook store. Really lovely card!

Barb said...

Your card is just delightful! The cardinals are colored so beautifully. I love all of the little details you've added to your card, as well. They really give me a warm, cozy feeling.

https://adiecrafty.blogspot.com/ said...

such warm rich colours

Nora Noll said...

This is totally stunning!! All the beautiful details on this card!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Lovely coloring, I so like the way you shaded the sentiment tag too, pretty papers to top it all off!

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous Christine love the colours.
Gr Karin

Pocono Pam said...

Love the colors on this card!

Pocono Pam said...

Love the colors on this card!