Saturday, August 1, 2015

Bohemian Dahlias



Welcome to our August 1st Power Poppy Blog Hop!  We’re excited to say that all three new polymer sets in our Color Me Grateful Collection are now available in the store and we know you’re excited to get your hands on them :)  

I had a lovely time bringing this lovely little arrangement to life from the So Grateful set.  Isn’t that dahlia arrangement amazing?  I gave it some pretty vibrant colour with my Copics and when it all came together with the papers, I thought it had a real bohemian feel to it, which was fun.   The extras are all about the papers (various), ric rack, coloured lace, washi tape and some buttons.  



Here’s another look at the colouring and accents.  



Here’s the Copics I used....it was a sunny day picture as you can probably tell :) 



Be sure to hop along to the rest of the Bloom Brigade and their wonderful inspiration today!


Allison Cope
Christine Okken 
(you are here)
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker


8 comments:

Katie Sims said...

Hee, Christine it always feels like a sunny day when I visit your blog....your cards just ooze cheer and this one is no exception! I really like how you oriented the image on your banner, and the colors couldn't be any prettier! The addition of those bits of lace, ribbon, and buttons finish this off beautifully! :)

Teresa Doyle said...

Beautiful flowers. I love the colours you've used on your card.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine, your coloring is amazing! And you certainly have brought this gorgeous image to life...so beautifully! I love the Bohemian theme and the great layout! Just love the "banners" flow with the stitching and the buttons! Beautiful card, sweet friend! Just love the release! Hugs!

Rosy Newlun said...

How on earth do you combine all these colors, textures and elements and it turns out A++++MAZING!!! I just combined a bunch of stuff and it turned into a nightmare LOLOLOL!!! This is just phenomenal Christine. I love visiting :*

Barb said...

Your card is lovely. And your coloring is simply divine. I love the way you've colored that dahlia! Soooo pretty!

Kathy Jones said...

Sigh! Stunning as always!! Your colouring is amazing and I'm loving all the strips of paper and ribbon on this card!

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is very beautiful Christine.

gr karin

Stacy Morgan said...

So vibrant and cheerful Christine! I like the sketch for this and the ribbons you used.