Friday, June 26, 2015

Mermaid Hello

Hello to you!  

I’m a little sad.  It’s my last day at A Day for Daisies today.  I just love these images that Tammy illustrates for us and it’s been fun because it stretches me in a different way artistically....but I just haven’t been able to keep up with everything in life.  Working full time these last months has made all my free moments pretty rare and precious, and I don’t want to miss important time with my family, so I had to pull back a little.   Let’s just say though that you’ll still see ADFD things from me when I have time, and these girls are stellar so keep tabs on this sweet little company!  



Today I’m playing with this adorable little mermaid image called Dreams.  What fun to colour up that water with a lot of different blue/greens in my Copics.  Because I went for some distinct contrasts in the colours, I softened all the transitions between colours with some pointillism dots, and it adds to that feeling of waterspray.  The paper was perfect with that wavy theme and it’s from an older pack of Glitz papers.  I accented the waves with a TCP Wavy Stitched border as well.  




The sentiment is an older Flourishes one.  You can also see that I added some shimmery pen dots too to accent the waves and the little mermaid as well. 



Here’s the Copics I used.  


Stop by and visit these lovely ladies to see what they have to show off for you today....


Christine (you are here)

Hugs girls!  I’ll miss creating with you!  


9 comments:

Alanna said...

What a fun card with a super cute image.

KarinsArtScrap said...

so very beautiful Christine

gr karin

Aileen said...

Another beautiful card, will miss your cards using their images. I really enjoy seeing how well you highlight these images.

Jill Norwood said...

Beautiful card! I completely understand the need to pull back...will look forward to seeing cards as you make them! :)

Sue L. said...

Christine, it is so understandable that you are rearranging your life and holding to yr priorities. But we will miss not seeing as much creativity as we're used to. How balanced you r to recognize that life changes and you must change with it, while keeping to yr principles. Every fall, I used to feel a burst of energy and overload to the hilt. 2 months later, after spending ALL my energy, I'd have to revaluate and make decisions to drop some of my new. That ended abt 5 yrs later when I stopped just adding on and created a balance of out with some old for some new and keeping to God, family, work, and friends in that order. That really, finally worked! Seems I'm a slow learner! Lol.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

I love this little Mermaid, she reminds me of Ariel, when she is singing on that rock watching the big ship sale away, I can almost hear those waves crashing.
I hope you can still find time to share ADFD images from time to time, you always do such lovely work with them.
Hugs.

Conniecrafter said...

Wonderful coloring of this seaside scene!!

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful! I'm sorry you have to step down from something you love. It's hard to work and keep up with other things, for sure. I have six weeks left on the job and then freedom. I'm doing three DTs now and loving it, but hanging onto my sanity till retirement and better days. It's good to have your priorities straight, but hope you don't have to give up too much. I know how dedicated you are to your work with the church. You're a good person, Christine.

Broni said...

Just beautiful, Christine! I love all the pixelation! I already miss you, girl!