Thursday, May 21, 2015

Birdhouse Condominiums

We’re back with Day Four of the fabulous sets from The Cat’s Pajamas!  Today’s set is such a sweet combination of stylized birds and birdhouses that will really spark your flights of fancy!  Introducing Take Flight.  



What’s so fabulous about this set....and you’ll see it today if you hop around with The Cat Pack, is there is such a range of possibility.  The stamp set also pairs with two new CutUps dies, dies for the birds and dies for the birdhouses....so you can cut and stamp a million different ways.  


I went a little color/pattern crazy creating a fun “birdhouse condominium”, stacking the birdhouses in a vertical line.  I did a combination of stamping and paper piecing to creat this one....but I’ll tell you a little secret, this card with all it’s little pieces from the dies and intricate details is made EASY with a product in the TCP store, iCraft Adhesive.  It’s seriously awesome.  All I did was cut out the birdhouses with my dies onto paper and the iCraft Adhesive and it made putting together my paper piecing/stamping puzzle really easy.  All those little pieces and insets sit perfectly.  

The red stripes on the top birdhouse and the green dotted/stripes on the bottom birdhouse are stamped and the rest of the pieces are done with the dies.  I thought the owl paper in the background was a fun whimsical play on the birdhouses....gives it a bit of a folksy feel too.  



So cute to welcome someone home!  



                          

Here’s a peek at the dies and the stamp set I used.  A really fun set to play with!  


Now you too can win this set by hopping along to The Cat Pack playing along today and commenting!  Here’s whose playing....



and.....dont forget the party coming on Monday!  



17 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

This is super cute, Christine! I love all the patterns and colors and, of course, those adorable birdhouses. Great design!

Unknown said...

What a sweet sweet card.

Kimberley said...

Love the papers you used.

Kim K said...

It must be the red and blue, but this card looks totally patriotic to me. I could see an old country home decorating for the Fourth of July with this decor!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

What an adorable set of bird houses, I love the bright colors of the papers you used and those little houses are simply the cutest I've ever seen. Thank you for the tip about this fabulous adhesive sheets, I can't imagine trying to apply glue to all of those teeny tiny pieces.

Makalah said...

These birdhouses will be great for new homeowners cards too! :)

Dina said...

What don't I love about this card? the colors!!! The layout!!! I love it all!!!! So sweet!!!!

stempelfrida said...

Wow, the design of your card is really smashing. Great bright colours and the patterns are fantastic. Love it! Creative regards from stempelfrida
http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

AJ Bodine said...

I can't get enough of this awesome set in my feed this morning! I just love your bright cheerful card, wow!

Teresa Doyle said...

EVERYTHING is fabulous about this set, Christine! LOVIN' IT! A fan-tab-ulous card! TFS!

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a cheerful card so sweet Christine
Gr Karin

Brandi R said...

Awesome card! Love that fun owl paper and wonderful colors ♥

Sue D said...

Very cute. Great mix of papers and I like the buttons.

Denise Bryant said...

Love your birdhouse condo... fun mix of patterns and colors!

Sherry said...

super cute card!!

Joan V said...

Oh my goodness, Christine, this is so adorable. I love how cheery this card is with the dp you selected. I think those cutups are a must. Just love them.

Nancy Thomas said...

LOVE the colors on this Christine. Beautiful.