Friday, April 10, 2015

Pretty Pink Lilacs


Have you played along yet in our Power Poppy Power & Spark Challenge yet this month?  It’s a fun one with the theme “Pop of Pastel”.  If you play along you’re in the running for a Power Poppy stamp set!  

If you know me, and have followed my blog for a while, you know that I’m more of a vibrant colour girl....but I really admire people who can do pastels well.  So, I thought I’d give it another go with this soft Lilac Time design.  



Oy, I love this litlte scene that Marcy created.  I love that pitcher and the lemons and the book and, ok well I pretty much love it all.  It’s easy to colour and it’s such an inviting little vignette.  After colouring with Copics, I kept the card pretty simple and created a window design with a Spellbinders die in the light pink cardstock.  

The accents are a pretty strip of vellum for the silver embossed sentiment and then some buttons and twine to finish it off.  


Can you see the little dry-embossed lines I added as a simple detail?  It frames it up a little bit and almost gives you the feel of another layer.  I added a hue of the soft pink into the book too and I love how it turned out, sort of ties it all together with the other pinks.  




Here’s the girls bringing you beautiful inspiration today....




Christine Okken (you are here)
Cindy Lawrence
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker



13 comments:

Juliana said...

WOW!
This is so beautiful!!
The pitcher and the flowers are so beautifully colored!

Wonderful card, Christine!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine, this is gorgeous! I absolutely love this image, and the soft palette you chose today is perfect with all the added little special touches of the plaid cloth, hued book, and pale stripes on the pitcher. Stunning card, sweet friend, and such inspiration! Hugs!

Marisa said...

Beautifully, soft card.

Traci M said...

Oh, Oh, Oh...you do pastels amazingly well. I just about swooned out of my chair when I saw this...lovely, Christine!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Christine, this is lovely, what amazing coloring!! I love the detail of the heat embossed sentiment in silver and on Vellum, just adds to the softness of your design. Love the pink button too, sweet and lovely.
And thank you for your sweet words on my blog for my Pop of Pastels entry, it means the world to me.

Rosy Newlun said...

Your card and soft colors reminds me why handmade cards are the best cards. Now if only I could color like you ♥ Love the soft sentiment on vellum. And many thanks for visiting my blog. Aloha and have a wonderful rest of your day and evening!

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhhh, I love all the pink! You're quite as good with pastel colors a you are with brights, Christine. Really pretty shade of lilac-pink on those lilacs. I enjoy seeing the colors you use, some of which I don't have, but it helps me determine which Copics need to go on my next order.

Gretchen Wilson said...

Oh Christine, you have nailed both of these cards, the bunny card with the embossing and the coloring of the bunny along with the dainty dollie is perfect, I so crazy about lilacs, always have been, I can picture my sweet little grandmother carrying a arm full to the house to put in a vase. She was such a tiny little lady and the arm full almost covered her. Beautiful work.

Cheryl W. said...

Oh, my goodness, Christine, this is so beautiful. You are a true artist. I am in awe of your talent!

Aileen said...

Ohh Christine, such a beautiful card. LOVE the colour choices, you are so talented.

Susie said...

I just received this set yesterday, and was wondering what it would look like in pinks or blues. The vellum is a beautiful addition. A lovely card indeed!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Christine! This is pastel at its best. Love the die cut frame.

Conniecrafter said...

Such Beautiful coloring and framing, love the softness of it, and the way you used the vellum and buttons are a cute touch!