Saturday, March 29, 2014

Marcellas Mixtape: Volume One

Are you ready to be be-boppin’ to some music today?  It will surely give you a lift.  Marcy has this wonderful sunshine-filled, uplifting personality as I’m sure you’re starting to gather by reading her words.  She’s delightful and chooses to see the best and positive in this life.  When I listen to her, I picture her life having it’s own soundtrack playing delightfully behind her.  So, today’s set is a bit of Marcy’s soundtrack :)  


So, get that toe a-tapping, because this set will have you Celebrating Good Times -- Come On! Build up those Buttercups in your life. Tell the crazy chicks you hang with that they are way too Superfly! We can almost guarantee you'll break into song while you stamp these musical memories. Mix and match the sentiments and graphics to create combinations that will have your besties saying, "Word Up!" This 4" by 6" set -- Marcella's Mixtape Vol. 1 -- was hand-drawn from the wonderfully creative pen of Marcella Hawley.


When I saw the feathers in this set I gushed.  I really did.  Feathers are SO trendy right now in cardmaking and these ones are so special and fluffy and light and airy because they’re hand drawn - which I love.  So, I went to town creating a very layered softness with these different feathers.  Some are stamped with Memento Black ink and coloured with Copics, and others are just stamped with Memento Inks in greens and tealy blues, and then layered.  It was really fun to make.  

Then for that finishing touch of absolute sparkle, I took out two of my Mr. Huey’s sprays and lightly spritzed onto the design.  It really adds shimmer and almost that look of an iridescent peacock.  A wee bit of pearls and rhinestones help with that light and airy look.  


Who wouldn’t LOVE to hear that they are Superfly?


So, now that you have a little tune stuck in your head, why not dance it out? Twist on over and see the rest of the Bloom Brigade!

Allison Cope
Christine Okken  (you are here)
Cindy Lawrence
Danielle Kennedy
Julie Koerber
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker

Tomorrow's set is sure to take your breath away. It's a beautiful botanical that symbolizes the strength and beauty of women and this illustration is 100% Marcella Hawley! Stop on back to see for yourself!

19 comments:

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Wow, this is stunning Christine!

Madeleine Barnett said...

really love those feathers - can't wait to see Marcella's new flowers

Conniecrafter said...

Love the layering of the feathers and a cool background to go with them!

Jerri Jimenez said...

Simply Exquisite Christine!

Cindy Lawrence said...

This is just GORGEOUS, Christine! Love all the sparkly and your feathers are just beautiful!

Julie Koerber said...

Absolutely STUNNING! I never had heard of those sprays! I need some! Gorgeous and creative creation Ms. Christine!

BJ Searcy said...

I also love the feathers and the background is awesome.

Marilyn said...

Usually don't get overly excited about feathers...but these are gorgeous and love the colors you used! Drop-dead gorgeous card!!

Joan V said...

Beautiful card, Christine. Thanks for sharing.

Katie Sims said...

Yeah...this card is Superfly and so are YOU! Love the way you colored those feathers, Christine...and all of those shimmery details....just gorgeous!! :)

Leslie Miller said...

It's like a feathery dream, Christine! Beautiful colors, love your arrangement of the feathers, as though they just drifted into place. The spray does a beautiful finish. I've never heard of it, but I sure do like it!

Stacy Morgan said...

Vibrant and fun! I adore these feathers and the look to this Christine. Rather COOL!

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow stunning colours and card Christine, love it.

gr karin

dpkennedy said...

I love the deep jewel tones of this! Your feathers are just gorgeous!

Liz Williams said...

Flowers, feathers, I'm just loving them all. You used a great color combo on your lovely designed card.

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous, your colours, your layout and all that delicate magical sparkle.
Heather T

Wanda Cullen said...

Absolutely stunning! Love the colors and the way you enhanced the soft lines of the images with your details!

Allison Cope said...

Wow... every time I look at this card I see something even more beautiful and shiny! I am in love with the greens and teals Christine! It's a stunner!

Marcella Hawley said...

Christine, I hope you know you made me blush when I read your intro, you lovely lovely soul! Thank you for saying those nice things. :) MWAH! Well, I too am LOVING your delightfully feathery creation! The emeralds and sapphires and citrusy-golds are bright and happy and dare I say, Superfly. The way you've arranged the dancing feathers has them practically lifting the card into the air!