Monday, March 17, 2014

Lean on Me


I’m delighted to be joining The Cat Pack at The Cat’s Pajamas this month for their release.  I won the Swanky Stamper of the month a few months in a row and I get to play with this release and the next, and let me just say, it’s been SO fun!  You’re going to just love the sets, dies and inspiration this month!  I have a whole week of TCP fun ahead!  

Today’s set is called Lean on Me.  Totally adorable!  


I think PJ Bear is so fun, and this one is a really great size to work with.  I wanted him to have a really deep brown-black colouring with some golden highlights to match the design I had in mind for the background.  So he’s coloured with Copics in warm greys and also deep browns.  And I popped up his little face for some more 3D effect.  

And what bear doesn’t go along with the theme of honey right?  I did some experimenting with Embossing Paste and Tim Holtz Stencils to create a bit of rough looking and random honeycomb.  After the paste was dry I sponged it well with some Memento Peanut Brittle ink and then added some washi tape to accent.  It was really fun to play around with even for my first time with embossing paste.  


I embossed the “ME” from the sentiment, added some Copic dots, and sequins and I think it will be a great card for my love when we need a reminder that we can step forward together in anything.  

So head on over to the TCP Blog to see who else from the Cat Pack is hopping today and showing off this great set.  

Now here’s an invite for you below, join me, I’ll be there too!  And I’ll be back tomorrow for more TCP creativity!  Thanks for stopping by! 

14 comments:

Kathy Jones said...

This is fabulous Christine!! *LOVE* how you created the background and the finished result is amazing!! :)

Mary Ann said...

Love your card,SOOOOOOOOO CUTE,great image!!!

TLady said...

SUPER CUTE CHRISTINE!!!!!!!!:)

Sabrina said...

What a fabulous card!! Love the colors!!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Christine, how adorable! Your first time with embossing paste is a huge success! Your background couldn't be more perfect, not only because the honeycomb and bear are such a great pairing, but because you made the honeycomb appear almost real with your artistic expertise. Loving this!

Nancy Thomas said...

I am not surprised you are our Swanky Stamper - that background is so creative and P.J. looks fabulous in the rich, dark colors.

KarinsArtScrap said...

o he is cute and a great and beautiful card Christine,

gr karin

Allison Cope said...

Awwwww.... he's too cute Christine!!!

Linsey R said...

Omgosh, this is way adorable Christine! You colored PJ so beautifully and I love the added dimension you gave him! Your card is amazing and I'm thrilled to have a chance to see all the sneak peeks from the DT starting on day 1, whoo hoo!!! You are most definitely going to be a huge inspiration for me along the way! Looking forward to seeing all your awesome creations for this release! Hugs! :)

Viki Banaszak said...

I love your bear. You got such great depth with the copics.

Judys said...

Oh I love this card. Just fab! Love the BG and the bear, especially how you colored his cute tummy!!! Your art is spectacular!

Anonymous said...

This is awesome!! I love the distressed look, if that is the right term.

Alma de la Rosa said...

I am going to jump on the band wagon, too! I am in love with this card and thank you for introducing another technique. The imagination races.

Purple Lake Stamps said...

Very cute! I love your card BEARY much!