Sunday, March 9, 2014

Blue Cherry Blossoms


Just something pretty for no other reason than that it was fun to colour :)  This is a freebie image from A Day For Daisies called Cherry Blossom.  Their challenge this week is anything goes, so that’s a great time to play along.  

Of course there aren’t really blue cherry blossoms, but this paper with the gorgeous flowers begged to be used for this ocassion.  It’s really a clean design without much fuss or muss.  I did print two of the flowers and fussy-cut the lower set out and popped them up.  The pretty papers are MME Kate & Co.


I wanted it to have a lot of really rich deep teal blue in the colouring.  I do love my rich vivid colours!  

See ya soon!  Thanks for stopping by!  
  

10 comments:

Linda Carson said...

WOW! I love your bold, vivid colors too! Gorgeous coloring!

Marisa said...

I was expecting pink cherry blossoms when I saw the title, but they are gorgeous the way you coloured them too! Fabulous card. Loving your new hair style too :)

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgoues Christine and a fantastic colour and papers.

gr karin

905lovestostamp said...

GORGEOUS card!!! I love your coloring of these flowers, especially love your shading--absolutely stunning!!! What a rich, elegant card. I love it!!! :)

Best wishes to you, Joanne

Heather Rogers said...

I saw this on Pinterest and had to come over. I LOVE this, Christine! Those teal colored flowers pop! :)

Allison Cope said...

OH my Christine!!! This is stunning! Love the blue colour - wonderful creation!

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous coloring, and like the dimension you gave to it!!

TLady said...

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS CHRISTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) STUNNING COLORS!!!!!!!;)

Leslie Miller said...

Very beautiful and richly colored and absolutely stunning in combination with the paper! Just for the love of coloring is the best reason to color!

Juliana said...

Beautiful!
Lovely Coloring!
I love the hint of purple in the petals!

I am so glad you took the opportunity to play along with us at A Day for Daisies!!