Saturday, February 22, 2014

Beauty Captured - Eight

Both of our boys have been chosen to be a part of the running teams at their schools when they were in Grades 4 - 6 in Elementary School.  They compete with other schools in the city in 8 x 200 relay, thousands of kids run over the course of the days.  I love it!  I love watching all the kids run, and I love the privelage that our sons have been given to do that.  This week was the competition.  So...these are action shots, not my best type of photos, but they do tell a bit of the story of the day.  
This is our son with his teacher/coach with her hand on his head.  Oh she’s such a great lady!  A runner herself, she has such passion for the running team and for these kids.  I really appreciate her.  She is so supportive and encouraging with the kids too.  Here our son was getting ready for his turn to go toward the track.


And here’s the baton pass.  See my son’s intent open mouth?  So ready to run!  :)  




And here he is mid-stride, rounding the last corner ready to head toward the next pass.  He ran a personal best again.  He’s a great runner and we're really proud of him. 

That’s all I've got for you this week :)  I’ll be back tomorrow!

3 comments:

Patti Willey said...

<3 My son used to run in his Private Christian Elementary School I was sure he'd take up track through High School but did not. They grow up fast! Enjoy these precious events!

TLady said...

Your kids are BLESSED Christine to be able to do all these activities with parents in tow, & with parents who teach CHRIST FIRST!!!! :)

Marisa said...

Wonderful to see he has found a sport he excels in :)