Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Seasons Changing News

There are days when the words seem to flow on the page or screen, and yet today, I find myself at a loss for what to say.  You can probably surmise that what I need to say isn’t easy for me. 

It begins with my word for the 2014 - Change.  Ecclesiastes says that,  “to everything there is a season and a purpose under Heaven”.  As much as I love to cozy up in one season of life and stay there, it is true that I have come into a new season and that it means new purposes and changes for me.  Over the past several months I have been wrestling with this and have prayed a lot about it too.  This new season means I’m saying goodbye to working at Flourishes.  

This has been a difficult decision for me.  For more than five years I have worked with Flourishes in many aspects, from the Timeless Tuesday Team for a short while, to the last five years on the Senior Design Team and this past season as DT Coordinator.  It has been such a rich time for me, and as you can probably tell, everything about Flourishes Designs has suited me to a “T" as a designer and artist; what an amazing privilege that has been!  I have absolutely loved all the girls and how much fun we have had creating together.  We have a really special bond and I treasure them very much.  I have been so blessed on many levels here and have appreciated Jan Marie’s generosity to me very much. 

However, we all need to grow and stretch our wings, and with the many changes also happening in our work and ministry life, I know I need this space to find a new pathway, to step into new challenges and to have a bit of breathing space for a time. 

I’ll be around through the end of February helping with the Sale going on at Flourishes.  I love the stamps too much to stop creating with them, it just won’t be officially on a team. 


I want to say a huge and tender thank you to all of you who have taken the time to stop by say encouraging words and make such kind comments about my work with Flourishes over the years.  It has meant so much to me!  I hope you’ll still follow along as I enter into new challenges and creativity in what lies ahead. 

Thanks for taking the time to listen!   Blessings!

Christine

21 comments:

Marisa said...

Always a tough decision, but with change comes growth :) Good for you for making the tough decision ((hugs))

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Christine, I know how difficult this is for you. How I struggled with it myself a little over two years ago. It seems longer. You've come a long way with Flourishes and I've watched you grow and blossom. You have my most heartfelt wishes for happiness and success in any new direction you choose. I'll be here with you.

Sharyn Polesel said...

You have to follow your heart and do what is best for you, but you will be greatly missed! Best of luck!

Marilynn said...

Can tell this was a hard decision, but praying you have a peace about it and will be able to move ahead in what God has for you next.

Kathi said...

I can only imagine how hard this decision was for you! You are a huge reason why I love Flourishes stamps so much, I am always so inspired by your beautiful creations! I know whatever path you take you will be successful and I will be here cheering you on all the way! Best of luck in your new endeavors!

Tricia T said...

Hard decision, I know, but I look forward to seeing what your year will bring as you follow the Lord on this new journey!

Tricia

TLady said...

I UNDERSTAND Christine! Like you've said, it isn't easy! :( I have SOOOOO ENJOYED seeing your work & hearing about your family, ministry & life! You will be SORELY MISSED, as I'm SURE you will be missed at Flourishes too! Things were NEVER MEANT to stay the same! I think with giving up something that you love, God will bring MANY WONDERFUL BLESSINGS to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)Being a Youth Leader is a BIG JOB!!! THANK YOU for sharing your life with us!!!!!!!!:) WE LOVE YOU CHRISTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Conniecrafter said...

It is so hard to make these decisions, wishing you all the best as your seasons change, and will certainly be here ;)

Katie Sims said...

I am sure this was a difficult decision, what you do with these images is absolutely amazing. I know many (including me) have loved seeing your creations week after week and reading your sweet posts. I am sure you will be followed wherever your path takes you and we will all be excitedly waiting to see what your next creation will be! Wishing you the very best in wherever your path leads....

Gretchen Wilson said...

As you said "to everything there is a season" and God has a plan for you. I know how tough this has to be for you as I had to do the same thing 20 years ago when I closed my business. I been there so I can related to you distress with making the decision. Please know I will be keeping you in my prayers for your new season to peak out.

Hugs and God Bless Christine

Gretchen

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

Christine, I know how hard this decision must have been to make. But change is always good; it allows us to grow in different ways and be better for it. I for one, have been SO Blessed to have "found" you and your blog. Your creativity is endless; your personality is charming, and you sharing your family with us each Sunday has been an honor. I will follow you wherever you go and will be in your corner every step of the way. Hugs and Bright Blessings to you and your family!

Sherry Kushibab said...

Wow, saw the change to the blog and knew something was up...you are so very talented - being a team and as a coordinator and artist is VERY time consuming. Truth is I am in awe that you can create so beautifully and have time for your family as well - we have all been blessed through your talent. I will lift you up in prayer as you embark on this new turn in the road, knowing that you will use it to bless others in knew ways. Hugs.

Misti said...

Your creations are always gorgeous! I can't wait to see where the Lord takes you. Blessings!

Julie Koerber said...

Well said Christine. You know I am always here girlfriend and I am looking forward to the next chapter -- whatever that might be! Love you girlie!

Rosy Newlun said...

Dear Christine - it takes so much courage to step outside of what is comfortable. You have many of us as your permanent fans, no matter what you choose to do. I'll be here ♥

Karen McAlpine said...

Blessings on your new endeavours! I have really enjoyed all the beautiful Flourishes cards!

Barbara said...

I will miss you at Flourishes, but you have a fan no matter where life leads. I love your work and when a new post pops up, I will be stopping by to say hello.

stampqueen said...

I will defiantly miss you at Flourishes but wish you all the best with whatever is next along your path!!! Looking forward to see what you do next :)

Linda Carson said...

You will certainly be missed at Flourishes! I know that was a hard decision to leave a place you've loved for so long. Looking forward to see where God takes you creatively!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, Christine, I wish you good luck in your new ventures, wherever they lead you! You've been a face of Flourishes for so long, it'll be weird not having you there. :)

Traci M said...

Christine, your beautiful creations with Flourishes have been a part of my own love for these stamps! You have made them come alive in vivid color and artistry. However, your sharing of your faith has drawn me here as well. Whatever endeavors your future holds, I hope you continue to share and shine your faith! Thanks for sharing your time with us. Best wishes, Traci