Monday, January 6, 2014

January New Release - Flowers for Jan

Hello all and welcome to a very special kick off to Flourishes' January Release! Not only are we ushering the new release in with a fun-filled Timeless Tuesday Challenge but we are showcasing a set designed to honor Flourishes' owner and founder.

INTRODUCING.... 

FlowersForJanGraphic


Wisteria, Peonies and Bearded Iris -- all three of these flowers are favorites of Flourishes' founder and owner Jan Marie Caruso. Sentimentally illustrated by Marcella Hawley, these beautiful blooms honor the lady at the helm at Flourishes. Three breathtaking flowers paired with three beautifully scripted words and five accent words. This 4" by 6" set is sure to be one you reach for just to send creations to friends far and wide for any and all occasions!

This is one incredible set that you are sure to want to add to your Flourishes collection!  So here is the challenge to you today:


FTTC253 Get in Shape NEWIMAGE

I think this set is stunning.  And though I can grow peonies and irises here at home, I cannot grow wisteria.  So that’s the first beauty of this set I wanted to work with.  I wanted to create the feeling of a tunnel of beautiful wisteria growing all around you!  Plus - I wanted to use the 2014 Pantone Colour of the Year - this lovely shade of Orchid.  



I stamped Flowers for Jan in two separate ways.  First I used the Silhouette Cut File that will be available for this set and cut out several of the wisteria shapes onto Flourishes Classic White cardstock and then stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  These I coloured up with Copic Markers - Violet Collection and the New Leaves Collection of markers, ready to pop them up on the finished card.

Then I used a Spellbinders Die - Grand Decorative Labels One and created my card shape, using our Perfectly Pierced Victorian Oval Die to create a window in the middle.  On the inside and outside of the card design window I stamped other wisteria in Memento Lulu Lavendar Ink, also colouring them up with copics to give the feeling of depth and wisteria all around!  




Here is the picture I was inspired by!  Isn’t it jaw-dropping?  It almost doesn’t appear real, but it is!  It’s in Japan at the Kawachi Fuji Gardens, Wisteria Tunnel.  Creation truly is amazing!  



To finish off the designs I added a Violet shade of Seambinding, tiny bits of pointillism near the lovely sentiment and some pretty rhinestones.  


We have a special treat for you today -- two actually! First, in honor of Jan Marie and this very special set, Flourishes' Senior Design Team is joining along in this challenge to give you double the inspiration! As you hop around getting inspired on ways to "Get In Shape", don’t forget to try to figure out….
Mystery-Blogger-Graphic

Hidden among the Design Team’s blogs today is our Mystery Blogger of the day.  Comment on her blog and you could be chosen to win today’s set! The more you comment, the better your chances of winning.

CHALLENGE RULES

HOW TO PLAY: Everyone can PLAY and anyone can WIN! Here’s how you can win…
  • Create a new card or paper-crafted project fitting the challenge. Flourishes' stamps are not required, but if you’ve got them, why not use them right?
  • Link up your creation below in the InLinkz with a direct link to your creation.
  • You will receive two ballots towards our weekly prize if you use Flourishes' stamps!
  • Include a link back to this challenge in your blog post or gallery upload.
  • If you upload to Splitcoaststampers, please use the keyword FTTC253.
  • One random winner will be picked from all of the entries.
  • Deadline to enter is due next Monday at 6:00 p.m. EST.
Good luck everyone! Don't forget to come back tomorrow to see what the Senior Team has in store! Tomorrow's release is one that's meant for celebration and a little "clowning" around! See you back here then!

53 comments:

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful sentiment and lovely flowers. the blig adds that special touch.

Janis said...

I had to follow your link to that Wisteria Tunnel which was your inspiration. Absolutely breath-taking!! LOVE your gorgeous card, too. So very beautiful.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com

Karen W said...

Wow this is gorgeous and I can't wait to see the whole collection!!

jonim52 said...

Gorgeous colors on this magnificent card.

Cammie said...

Absolutely stunning! Your card is a gorgeous representation of the inspiration photo.

Pauline said...

WOW! Christine this is gorgeous!
Love how you created this card, beautiful colouring, and love all the details. A very special card for a very special lady! Hugs,

Sharyn Polesel said...

Your wisteria card is so lovely. That tumble of purple blooms is beautiful! What a gorgeous stamp!

loulou said...

Your card is so beautiful. For a start purple and green is the greatest colour combo. I love the soft colouring in the background including your lovely dots and your beautiful copic work on the foreground flowers. That arch is so amazing, your right it doesn't look real

Betty Benton said...

Just look at all your beautiful wisteria! Reminds me of a tree in my grandmother's yard -- when I was a kid I always thought that it was the tree blooming!!!

Mary Ann said...

WOW!Beautiful card,Awesome painting!!!

TLady said...

WOW CHRISTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o THIS IS GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! Your creation is STUNNING!!!!!!!! ALONG WITH your picture of inspiration!!! The way you've colored this, it looks like it has a sheet of vellum over it!! WONDERFUL COLORING!!! I THINK this will be one of your FAVORITES for THIS year!!! It is one of MINE!!!!!!;)AND it's SOOOO FEMININE!!!!!!!!!!;)Jan Marie will LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS!!!!!!:)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

I love Wisteria trees and your card is just stunning, this color is my absolute favorite and you captured the beauty of that amazing tunnel to perfection. Thank you for sharing this incredible picture of this incredible place.

Unknown said...

WOW! Those certainly are beautiful wisteria, love that photo too--gorgeous! Fabulous die you used too! My neighbors have some and they are just awesome! TFS!!!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Hi, Christine! My goodness, your card is absolutely breathtaking!!!! There is nothing more beautiful than wisteria and your entire design is incredible! Thanks for adding the inspiration photo...wow!! HUGS!!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, Christine! So gorgeous! I've been hoping for wisteria from Flourishes. What an eye catching card in all it's wisteria and white glory! I have a photo of your inspiration piece pinned on Pinterest. So incredibly beautiful!

Kathi said...

Christine, this is so beautiful! I love Wisteria too! Your coloring is awesome as usual and I love how you made the window with the muted colors inside. What a lovely set, I already know I have to have it!

Connie MacFarlane said...

Absolutely stunning Christine! Love the way you stamped and coloured your wisteria images. Fabulous take on your inspiration photo. Love this new set.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh Wow is that ever Gorgeous, your stamping to give it depth is just stunning and love your gem border, lovely shaped card!

Lynne said...

Great sentiment, pretty colors.

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning card. I am so partial to purple and green, and you have used those colors beautifully here!!

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Love the wisteria. The colours are so vibrant and yet subtle at the same time. Lovely.

Julie Koerber said...

Holy cow -- this is a card that would have taken me ALL DAY to pull off and yet you make it look so easy and beautiful! Love your inspiration photo too -- gorgeous all the way around!

Maria said...

Wow! What a stunning card with all the beautiful colored flowers! Love the shape of the card and all those gems...well done!

Cynthia said...

Really beautiful design with the wisteria image, Christine!

Nana Griffin said...

Very lovely idea! The flowers are so pretty.

BeckyTE said...

Oh my, Christine, this is just amazing. I love the blossoms cascading down on your beautifully shaped card. A real honor for Jan!

BeckyTE said...

Oh my, Christine, this is just amazing. I love the blossoms cascading down on your beautifully shaped card. A real honor for Jan!

Marsha Reed said...

Such a lovely card. Very pretty!

905lovestostamp said...

Gorgeous card, I'm a HUGE fan of the amazing floral stamps that Marcella Hawley has penned, and it is because of her artistry that I come back again and again for Flourishes stamps. LOVE the purple colors too.

I am saddened that I will no longer be able to buy Flourishes at a local stamping store in NY state when I visit there, and bought them elsewhere too. I was told they will only be available now at Flourishes. Because I'm in Canada and shipping to Canada is expensive on that site, it will make it challenging to purchase stamps I truly love. Hoping that Flourishes can do something for us, as clear stamp sets are not heavy to mail. And those stamps are SO gorgeous!!!

Thanks, Joanne

Barbara said...

Your inspiration is absolutely amazing and you captured the colors on your card beautifully. Love this wisteria stamp, it's really lovely.

Katie Sims said...

Christine...this literally made me gasp...you captured EXACTLY what Wisteria looks like here in Georgia! It grows wild and there are enormous areas of it...a true sight to behold (and the scent is heavenly)...your coloring is gorgeous!! This card is a-m-a-z-i-n-g-! :)

Barbara said...

WOW! I know that has been said before, but it is truly a WOW. You have accomplished all that you set out to do and more. This is a real piece of art.

Heather Rogers said...

Absolutely stunning, Christine! I love your Wisteria vines stamped softly in the background. The shape is beautiful as well. :)

stampqueen said...

Beautiful and of course purple is always my favorite!!!

Anonymous said...

Your card is amazing! I think you captured the wisteria tunnel effect from your inspiration photo very well!

loyaz said...

What a lot of work went into creating this gorgeous card - love it
loyaz1@wbhsi.net

Liz Williams said...

Marcella has done it again. What a fabulous set this looks like! I just love all of Marcella's art and your wisteria card is just sensational! Love the pretty inspiration photo as well.

Sue D said...

Beautiful--I like the colors and all the bling.

Stacy Morgan said...

So very pretty! Christine the lavendar colors are wonderful. I do love the shaped card too. ;-)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christine!! LOVE the soft Wisteria as a background to your beautifully colored ones in the foreground!!

Kris B said...

Lovely card! I love the way you stamped the Wisteria with the softer colors in the back and the vivid colors in front, it gives it such great dimension! Love the shape and the window cut in the center! Beautiful!

Allison Cope said...

Oh Wow Christine! Every time I look at your card I see something new and interesting! Gorgeous layers and I love the subtle back ground blooms - gorgeous!

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a very beautiful card Christine beautiful design too.

gr karin

Diane said...

Wow...stunning card...stunning photo....so beautifully done!! I want to visit there!!

D- said...

Oh my look at all those pretty purples. Your coloring is wonderful.
Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Theresa's Studio said...

Wow!!!OMG! Amazing Card and Photo. Love all the details and colors, Christine.

Iris said...

Lovely card - beautiful coloring and I lilacs.
isoscia at aol dot com

Graciellie Design said...

Stunning card, gorgeous coloring! I loved it!

For more visit http://gracielliedesign.blogspot.com/

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh...such a gorgeous inspired card! I so love the colors!

Deborah Anton said...

Wisteria is a beauty and now I want to go to Japan to see those gardens! :) You certainly captured the beauty of this flower and loved all the elements you used.

Bajalizzy said...

uh ... wow! YOu really captured the feel of the photo - super card.

KFlaherty said...

This card is simply beautiful!

Cheryl said...

WOW! Christine, this card is Stunning! You really captured the feel of that photograph perfectly. The images on and behind the frame in lighter colors look like they have the sun shining from behind! Beautiful!