Monday, January 27, 2014

Irises for Iris

Timeless-Tuesday-New-Logo


Hello fellow Flourishes fans! It's Tuesday and we're here with another fantastic Timeless Tuesday Challenge for you! Have you checked out the latest and greatest Gambler's Sale this week? You don't want to miss this... it's 20% off everything in the store. Things go fast, so shop now to ensure you get all those stamps on your "must have" list! Click here for more details and your shopping code.

This week Allison is our hostess and she is challenging you to create using the newest Pantone Color of the year... Radiant Orchid... but any shade of purple will do!

FTTC256 Purple
 

According to the Pantone View, "Since 2000, the Pantone Color Institute™ has been designating a Color of the Year to express in color what is taking place in the global zeitgeist. A color that will resonate around the world, the PANTONE Color of the Year is a reflection of what people are looking for, what they feel they need that color can help to answer. Not necessarily the hot fashion color of the moment, but a color crossing all areas of design which is an expression of a mood, an attitude, on the part of the consumers." Have fun using purple in your creations this week!


I had a difficult occasion to make this card for.  My Uncle passed away and we went to the funeral out of town last week.  It was tough.  We knew his time was coming - but still it came too soon.  My lovely Aunt’s name happens to be Iris and as I was getting ready to use this gorgeous Flowers for Jan set, I realized how perfect this particular image would be for her.  Irises for Auntie Iris.  

I decided I wanted to make an Iris garden for her, so I stamped the image on both Flourishes Classic White cardstock and then created a mask on Eclipse tape, cutting it out carefully and then stamping twice more with the masks on the cardstock.  The Copics I used were from the Violet Collection as well as the Olive Green Collection, and then filling in with some pretty BV’s in the shadows to add some depth.  I used an out of the box cutting style for the top of the design and I chose a simple layout that also accents the flowers with this pretty Color Made Easy - Crocus Collection of cardstock.  


I’ve added some gorgeous lace, seam binding and enamel dots.  


And just a quick look at the sentiment from another Flourishes set (Anemones) I used because it was perfect - this set is already out of stock...so you know why it’s a gamble to wait on this great sale!

This week, we have asked the Senior Design Team to join us in celebrating the colour purple. Take a moment and leave some lavender love on each one of our designers this week!

24 comments:

Marisa said...

WOW!! THis card is stunning! One of my favorites of yours to date I think. Fabulously coloured flowers and love the mix of purples against the white!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! As always, your coloring transports me. One of your best, I think. Gorgeous!

Cheryl said...

I'm so sorry about your uncle passing, but I have no doubt your Auntie Iris was touched to receive this amazing card! I can't get over how you stamped the same stamp 3 times, yet it looks like none of the flowers are the same! Beautiful coloring on it, too! Obviously, a lot of love went into this one.

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow Christine this is stunning what a gorgeous card and everything fit so wel together.

gr karin

Sharyn Polesel said...

OMgoodness, Christine, this is stunning! Those flowers are colored so beautifully. Just everything about this card is perfect! I have to agree with Marisa. I believe this is one of my favorites of yours to date.

Colleen said...

Christine,
Breathtaking! Love how you cut one of the iris to come off the image layer. The coloring is perfect.

KimCreate said...

Absolutely STUNNING! wow, I love how you left a lot of white space within the coloring of the flowers. Very effective. Sorry about your Uncle but Aunt Iris will cherisn this card I'm sure.

TLady said...

THIS IS GORGEOUS CHRISTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) You've colored your flowers PERFECTLY & they look 3-D!!!!!!!!:) Your Aunt will SOOO APPRECIATE the thoughtfulness & love you've put into this card!!!!!!!:) IT IS STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!(So Sorry to hear of your loss!!!)

JoanneO said...

Christine, Such beautiful coloring! Wish I could do that well. Need more practice, I guess. This is a wonderful card!

Lynne said...

Your coloring is always remarkable. I like the way you left white on the flowers for a very realistic look.

Liz Williams said...

Wow, gorgeous.

Misti said...

Gorgeous card, Christine!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine! Your masking and coloring are off the charts! Exquisite card! Love it, sweet friend!

Lagene said...

SPECTACULAR!!! These are my favorite flowers in all the world! Lovely card!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my the stamping is just lovely and the coloring is gorgeous!! I am sure your Uncle was very touched by this card, so sorry for your loss!

Allison Cope said...

Goodness me... what a wondrous garden of lush lavender beauties! I am in love with all your irises Christine! Your card is truly breath taking!

Julie Koerber said...

Beautiful doesn't even begin to describe this card Christine. This would take me a week to do and yet, you make it look so effortless. I am sure your Auntie loved it and it will hold a special place in her heart! BIG HUGS!

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful iris garden. Sorry for your loss.

Katie Sims said...

I can feel the love and caring that went in to this, Christine. Your coloring is breathtaking and how fitting an image for your sweet aunt during this difficult time. I am sure this will bring her comfort...just knowing the care that went into the making of it will touch her heart. Blessing to you and your family!

Barbara said...

Christine, your card is beautiful and words cannot do justice to your coloring of those gorgeous irises. Your layout and embellishments all add to the beauty of the flowers.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a stunning field of irises Christine!! I'm always in awe of your coloring...ALWAYS!!

Silke Ledlow said...

So striking Christine! BTW...love your new blog layout :) !!!

Rosy Newlun said...

So sorry for your loss and may your aunt be comforted by all the love you and her family show her. This is a compelling and glorious card -- thank you so much for all you share.

Deborah Anton said...

I am so sorry for your loss Christine and your Aunt will love this gorgeous creation (garden) you have made!!