Sunday, January 5, 2014

Cozy Coffee

The kids go back to school today!  Woo Hoo!  :)  No really, we’ve had a great Christmas break with lots of fun family time together, but I’m also happy for a regular routine for all of us again.  It’s been brutally cold the last few days, and from the news reports, it looks like it’s been the case for much of Canada and the US.  How about something warm for today?

Our youngest son’s teacher loves coffee, so this is what I made for her for her Christmas gift, a similar gift to one I had made for my mom a couple of months ago.



It includes a coffee sleeve, a gift tag and a felt gift card holder.  I created it all with Flourishes Grab a Cup Set.   I began with one of our new Manila Craft Tags in the store and did some playing around with some ink, our So Distressed Set, and one of our new stencils Fading Dots.  


Here’s what the coffee sleeve looks like without a cup inside.  It’s easy to stamp the felt with Stazon ink.  And this time I think I did a bit of a better job with my blanket stitching!  Hand stitching sure takes real patience to do well.  But it is relaxing :)


Here’s a closer view of the tag that I attached to the gift.  I added some jute twine and teal and deep brown seambinding to accent the top, as well as some washi tape with the felt accent along the bottom. I even made a “felt sleeve” for the coffee cup on the tag :)  


And lastly the cute gift card holder that had a Starbuck’s gift card in it. 


See you Tuesday for our Flourishes January New Release Sneak Peeks!  Thanks for dropping by!  

5 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

very cute set, love how the cup in the tag matches the sleeve you made from felt!!

Julie Koerber said...

So incredibly creative Christine! I want one!!! HA! I love how you created such a wonderful set of goodies that your son's teacher will ADORE! I know I would be using that coffee holder all the time! ;-) So much more trendy than cardboard!

TLady said...

WHAT A NICE GIFT your son's teacher received!!!!!!!:) I'm SURE she is VERY APPRECIATIVE!!!!:) I LOOOOOOVE ALL the thought & care you put into the project!!!!!!!!!:) FABULOUS!!!!!!!:) FROM A FABULOUS WOMAN!!!!!!:)(NOT ME, YOU!!! :))LOL

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a great and fabulous project you have made Christine.

gr karin

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, I love it! Very clever use of the stamp set, and practical, too! Today was my first day back at work after 2 wks off and I didn't mind it as much as I thought I would. I'd still rather be home stamping, though.