Saturday, December 28, 2013

Photography 52 - 52

It was a very Merry Christmas in our household.   My husband and I made a concerted effort to dial down the gift-giving, to stay in a small budget and concentrate more on the time we spent together with our family.  So many times I get this hangover feeling after Christmas, when I am reminded once again, it’s really not about the “stuff” we get; it’s about recognizing and being grateful for the ultimate gift of Jesus.  I think we had a more wonderful time being grateful for what we already have, not what we think we need.


This is my family on Christmas Eve.  After Church we head over to my parent’s house and have our family gathering, open our presents (yep we’re a Christmas Eve family), and then have a wonderful appetizer and dessert meal later that my mom always prepares.  Isn’t my little niece’s dress adorable?  And my Dad never knows when the picture is coming so he forgets to smile :)  


One gift you can almost always find on the list for the boys is Lego, so Christmas morning is spent building.  


Then on Christmas Day my parents come to our house and we cook a big dinner for them.  My older two kids above were SO THRILLED to have to wash all the extra dishes.  Can you tell?   :)  


The little guy’s sweet face.  

My daughter and I both got a few art supplies for Christmas, so we sat down one day and sharpened Prismacolor Pencils together.  I thought all the shavings together looked so pretty in their various colours, and the bokeh of the Christmas Tree is a lovely backdrop.  

Here’s to more beauty and colour in the year ahead!  

7 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

Growing up we were always a Christmas eve family too, when I married we went with doing it on Christmas morning how he grew up, but we always let my daughter open one after church on Christmas eve :)
Wishing you God's blessings on your family in the coming year!

TLady said...

SO GOOD to hear you had a FABULOUS CHRISTMAS CHRISTINE! :) I HAVE TO SAY, I like the picture of your two oldest in the kitchen THE BEST!!! I REMEMBER those days as a teenager!!! I felt THE SAME WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;) That picture just took me back!!!!!!!:)

Marisa said...

Love the big family picture :)

Sherry Kushibab said...

Blessings to you and yours this Christmas season. When I was young we were a Christmas Eve family - then our children came and we lived far from family and began some cherished Christmas Day traditions of our own. Great family time. Your kids are getting so grown up and good looking.

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

Lovely photos Christine. And you are so right....we need to remember that Jesus is the Reason for the Season! I'm with you! Beautiful family..an beautiful Blessings to you all! Hugs!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful family photo. I adore DS and his smiles so much joy. They do look thrilled with the dish washing I agree. ha! Your boots are adorable by the way. warms my heart to see you all. Big hugs sweetie.

D- said...

Great photo memories.
Thanks for sharing.
Crafty Hugs,
D~
D~DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot