Thursday, May 2, 2013

May Flowers


April showers generally bring May flowers, but Spring is really not intersted in coming to my neighbourhood yet this year!  They're telling us it will be beautiful by the weekend, and I seriously want to hold them to it!  

We've arrived at the May Pre-Release Challenge at Flourishes!  This month's theme is to be inspired by this gorgeous illustration by our new illustrator Sam Pickard, who we'll introduce you to this month!  I'm so excited for you to see her designs!  You can pick 3 or more of the colors in the photo above and incorporate them into your design.  


I had to pull out my Magnolias set again.  They hadn't gotten enough attention lately.  Such a gorgeous image of flowers!  Because I wanted to use all the colours I could from the inspiration I wanted to stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on our Flourishes Classic Kraft Cardstock, then colour with prismacolor pencils.  I SO love the look!

I cut the shape out with Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles die and then fancied it up with some MME - Bloom paper, Crochet Lace in ivory, some pretty Edgeabilities scallops along the bottom, beautiful iridescent ribbon, some pins and then used Flourishes Color Made Easy Tiger Lily cardstock and a base of Flourishes Classic Ivory.  


So, come on!  Play along!  And if you play along with us, you could win Flourishes entire May Stamp Release!  If you upload to SCS please use the keyword FLLCMAY13.  You can enter as many times as you like, but we want you to know if you use Flourishes stamps, your entry counts twice!  You have until Friday May 10, 2013 at 5 PM EST to enter.  See the Flourishes Blog for more details!  

We know you'll also be inspired by our Senior Design Teams Creations so go ahead and visit:

16 comments:

stampqueen said...

Beautifully colored - I have that image on my desk as the next up to color - love that flower!!!

Becky said...

This is just stunning. I love the colors of the flowers.

Allison Cope said...

Beautiful Christine! I love all the super fine colour details of your magnolias! Cool die cut layers too!

TLady said...

WOW CHRISTINE!!!!!! Your image just JUMPS OFF the page!!!!!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it when you use the Kraft Cardstock!!!!!! :) Your card is FABULOUS!!!!!!!! :)

Julie Koerber said...

Oh my goodness girl -- this is stunning in every way possible! Speechless!!!!

Marisa said...

Beautiful flowers and love the layered scallops along the bottom

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's another gorgeous flower card Christine.

greetings karin

Tricia T said...

SO pretty, Christine. I love the coloring on the kraft. WOW. Gorgeous!

Tricia

dpkennedy said...

Wowzers girl! This is stunning! The prismacolors on kraft are fabulous!!

Silke Ledlow said...

BEAUTIFUL card! The colors are so soothing!!! Hugs ~S~

Stacy Morgan said...

Wonderful.... sparkly beautiful Christine. I like the coloring and the design.

Linda Carson said...

Quite a stunning combo of colors and you made them just flow together! Gorgeous card!

Conniecrafter said...

Such pretty colors on the flowers and I just love the look against the kraft background, also love the way you did the sentiment and ribbon treatment!

Heather Rogers said...

Can I come over to your house and play? Your cards are always so elegant and put together so well. I love how you colored your Magnolias and the scalloped bottom looks amazing. :)

Hugs~

Unknown said...

A-mazing!! Love your beautiful coloring and uses of those colors!

Misti said...

Stunning!!!