Sunday, April 7, 2013

Gentle Callas


I recently put about 200 of my cards up for sale with my friends around here, trying to make some investment in our hopeful summer plans for sabbatical travels.  I have sold about 100 so far  - so that's  a real answer to prayer for us.  We have big dreams for this summer to travel knowing that this is a rare opportunity for us as a family.  

My other sister-in-law who is in the US asked if I had some "praying for you" cards and she'd buy them too, so I went through what was left and found some for her, but also made this new one too.  Calla lilies are so elegant and I love the colours in this MME pack - In Bloom that I picked up at Michaels.  The set is Flourishes - Calla Lilies, stamped onto Flourishes Classic Ivory with Memento Tuxedo Black.  The dies are Floral Ovals, Deckled Ovals and Flourishes Perfectly Pierced Hourglass Die Set for the sentiment, using our Flourishes Color Made Easy Tiger Lily Cardstock paired with Gray.  


I added some little fish tale flags in the designer paper and with some crochet lace and then a little poppy button with some iridescent string.  

Here's the Copics I used:  



Y0000, Y21, Y23, Y26, YR30


Thanks for stopping by!  Come back starting Wednesday for the Flourishes April Sneak Peeks!

9 comments:

Marisa said...

Isn't this paper pack gorgeous!! I just got it and LOVE it. Beautiful calla lilies and layout.

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is beautiful Christine.

greetings karin

Allison Cope said...

Simply beautiful Christine!

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card!!!

TLady said...

VERY NICE Christine!!!!!!! AND calming colors for a Praying for you card! :)

Rose Ann said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Christine! I love your coloring, pretty, papers, and the little "flags" with the button!

Congratulations on the sale of your wonderful cards! Your work is stunning, and I'm sure they will continue to sell very well. You'll be setting up your your travel plans in no time. ;)

Conniecrafter said...

such pretty colors and coloring of the flowers, like the flags neat to add one in lace!

Cheryl said...

They're both so lovely...great embellies!

Unknown said...

Super pretty!! I hope you will accomplish your goal...I believe you will :)