Saturday, March 2, 2013

Photography 52 - 9



Holy Land Heart - Last Sunday at Church a friend came up to us and handed us this little wood carved heart. She had spent some time in Israel the year before and picked up this heart there made from olive wood.  She wanted us to have it to remind us that when life is stormy and difficult (much like all those grain lines in the wood you see, or when life is calm (the reverse side is almost the opposite, hardly any grain lines) - that we would know that God loves us, that never changes.  I was really touched by her words and kindness, and I love this heart.  A good reminder for me too, we've seen our fair share of storms, particularly in the last 6 weeks, and I need those constant reminders of His love, His compassion, His truth.  

"Because of the LORD'S great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.  I say to myself, "the LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him."  Lamentations 3:22 - 24  



6 comments:

Joan V said...

What a thoughtful friend. Thanks for sharing.

Marisa said...

How special :)

Kathi said...

What a beautiful gesture, so very thoughtful and comforting. That heart is beautiful!

TLady said...

BEAUTIFUL CHRISTINE!!!!!!! :) AND those lines on the heart, make the heart EVEN MORE BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! :) GOD IS GOOD!!!!!! :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful little heart and so sweet of her to bring that for you.

Lori Craig said...

Beautiful post, Christine. Bless her for sharing with you and bless you for sharing with us. Hugs and prayers, my friend.