Sunday, March 10, 2013

Ombre Kitty


As I was colouring up this fun kitty from The New Nice from The Cat's Pajamas I thought, hmm, I could colour that stack ombre style.  Lighter to deeper in pigment, then I thought, another hmm, I could make the whole card this design!  So I went looking for some black and white paper to colour up too.  I found this older sheet from SU to use as the background. 


It's pretty easy to do, I started by colouring with a Y11 copic toward the top of the patterned paper sheet, then  added Y13, Y15, Y17, Y19 as I went further down.  It gives you that ombre style.  Cool look isn't it?  And amazingly there's a challenge at Moxie Fab World for Ombre too!  

The TCP Challenge this week is using neutrals and one other colour, and only 2 layers not including the base...so it's a bit challenging for a layering girl like me!


Some sparkly velvet, twine, buttons and faceted gems for some fun pops of colour!  

14 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a lovely card Christine.

greetings karin

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love this Christine. Great card for this challenge!

Conniecrafter said...

pretty background and cool coloring of the image, fun card!

Anonymous said...

GF, this is fabulous! I love the yellow and black!

TLady said...

I LIIIIIIIIIIIKE CHRISTINE!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Marisa said...

have always loved this kitty. Great job using him :)

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty,Love that cat...

Iris said...

love the colors. Iris

Linda Carson said...

Super cute! Love the ombre style!

Unknown said...

Beeeeeauuuutiful!! Love the ombre - it looks so pretty! :)

Nancy Thomas said...

The ombre effect really adds a lot of interest. Beautiful!

Alma de la Rosa said...

Just absolutely amazing!

Unknown said...

AWESOME take on the challenge, Christine! You knocked it out of the park! I love this :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Christine! Thanks for linking this up to the Ombre Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)